Lowest prices for your stay
RM 2,935
Fully refundable before Sun, 26 May
Breakfast included
uchi O
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

What an experience! 😍

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Apr 2024
What a view of the course 😍 👌 Smashing! Plus service is impeccable, food is really good as well. The time we walked in, till time to go, all went well. Plenty of choices, we enjoyed every bite. Eating, drinking with that golf course view....what more do you need? Thank you! 😊
Date of stay: April 2024
Room Tip: 4th floor gives you a grand view of the golf course.
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 12 Apr 2024
Dear uchi0,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at the resort.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything from service and location to the food. I will pass your kind words onto the team who will be delighted, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa.

RM 1,443
0.9 km from Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa
Room service
View more hotels in St. Andrews
2,217 results
All reviews road hole sands grill fourth floor eden room plunge pool afternoon tea first class star hotel from start to finish scones birthday treat top class lovely touch jigger golf concierge gleneagles
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2024 via mobile

I thought as a special treat for my sister who was visiting me ,and my daughter finishing her 1st year at university I would take them to The old course hotel for afternoon tea.
We found the whole experience underwhelming to say the least. The views were beautiful but that was the best thing.
I think I was expecting a higher end experience. We each received a plate with 5 long strips of mixed sandwiched and one small sausage roll which was heavily flavoured with fennel.
The cake stands had 2 scones each and a variety of uninspiring cakes.
The plates and cups were of heavy white pottery and I was hopefully of China dishes and cups for tea.
Two of us had the signature hotel tea which was very weak no matter how long we left it and not as hot as we would have liked. We also had many cakes and scones left and I asked if they could be boxed to take away. I was given 2 boxes to put them in myself and again would have expected the staff to have done this for me. At £36 per head (£54 with a glass of champagne) I would have expected more.
Having had afternoon tea in Bettys in York and Prestonfield and The Waldorf Hotels Edinburgh they were far superior. The hotel toilets were immaculate.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jack Ewan, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2024

Dear Newmains33,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience at our Afternoon Tea offering here are the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa
I am deeply sorry to hear that your time with us did not meet your expectations. I will make sure to pass your comments on to our relevant team and management for their consideration.

We hope to see you at the resort again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2024

Wonderful stay from start to finish. Friendly, helpful staff, comfortable room and excellent spa facilities.
Fantastic coffee machine in our room and super comfy bed.
Breakfast in the morning was enhanced by the amazing view out to the course and beach.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jack Ewan, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2024

Dear 786lynsayc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear you experienced a taste of our 5* hospitality.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2024 via mobile

We stayed at this Kohler hotel for one night during our Scotland roadtrip. Everything was excellent!

My husband was a solo golfer and Malcolm, head of golf services, took care of his booking and got him on Jubilee. Thank you for making this a memorable day for Tim!

I had spa services and they were top notch. The spa facility, being Kohler, did not disappoint. Had a lovely time and my massage and facial were wonderful.

Finally, the breakfast and spa lunch were perfect. Just perfect.

It was a bit of a splurge for this leg of our trip, but well worth it. We will be back!

Dear Alisa A,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed a wonderful stay.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the resort, I am so pleased that Malcolm was able to assist in helping your husband with a round on the Links - it is a must when you are in the home of golf.

I will pass on your comments to the wider team and we hope that you return to the resort again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2024

Arrived for one night on Sunday 31st to 1st April, having never stayed before. Gorgeous hotel, on arrival we checked in very easily and directed to our room. Very spacious and clean with a fridge (with milk and water) , tea and coffee, and plenty of storage space. Bathroom is lovely with huge bath and shower. Room was not a sea view as booked the day before, but nonetheless could see the practice range which was quite nice. The Bar area is lovely and staff very helpful in recommending the drinks/wine, and the views are spectacular over the golf course. On a Sunday the golf course is closed, but given the lovely weather on Easter Sunday, everyone was taking time to walk the golf course and feel the history behind it! We used the Spa which was also lovely, the leisure pool was closed but we had full access to the spa pool, sauna etc and relaxed in there . Very quiet at the time we sent, around 8am. Walking into the centre of St Andrews was just a 15 minute walk, where there is an array of restaurants, bars and shops to chose from. Staff within the hotel were lovely and extremely polite and helpful. We stayed on the second floor, lovely and quiet for relaxing. We didn't eat in the Hotel as had plans, but the breakfast was lovely and fresh, and plenty of it. Would recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear smwilliamson,

Thank you for your glowing review of your visit to the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa, I am so pleased to hear you had such a fantastic stay.

Ensuring all of our guests leave us with fond memories is at the very heart of what we stand for.
I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the wider team, who will be as delighted as I am with your comments.

We hope you continue to enjoy the resort for many years to come.

Reviewed 24 March 2024 via mobile

Really enjoyed a night at the old course. Hotel is beautifully appointed and staff are helpful. Stunning views and nice walks to be had. The room had everything you would need including nespresso machine and large smart tv. The spa facilities are excellent- including a cold plunge.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jack Ewan, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2024

Dear 179lucyb,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of the resort

I will be sure pass on your kind comments to the wider team and we hope that you return to the resort again soon.