“Great Hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Glenderran Guest House
Ranked #3 of 72 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Hosts!”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We traveled to Scotland in October 2006 and one of our stops was to golf in St. Andrews. We chose Glenderran based on some local knowledge that the place is great and the breakfast even better. Our hosts, Ray and Maggie, greeted us at the door and showed us to our rooms. Our room was quite comfy and overlooked the little garden in the back yard. Ray was very helpful with the "daily draw" so we could get to golf the Old Course and gave us lots of information on the area and the great little restraurants we found. Maggie is a gourmet chef and the breakfast that came out of her kitchen were 5 star. They looked after us well, and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: If you book as a single, you will have a twin size bed.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 28 December 2011

The weather was as grey as I expected it in mid-December and the conference which brought me to St. Andrews at this time of the year also had its flaws, but Glenderran proved to be the perfect choice. The room was small (as signalized when I booked, and also inexpensive), but furnished with everything necessary and a very comfortable bed; the bathroom was equipped with everything I could imagine. The breakfast was the absolute highlight, it was not just "Scottish", but prepared to one's individual taste. So, when I plan to come back to St.Andrews the first I will do is booking a room at Glenderran.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
HH
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at the Glenderran guesthouse for three nights in December 2011. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by Ray and his wife. The house smelled lovely of flowers. The room with two twin beds was just lovely. Much attention was paid to details. The color theme is brown and gold, emphasizing the warm atmosphere of the room. The beds were extremely comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. The bathroom was large for any hotel. Every morning Ray greeted us cheerfully in the breakfast room. The cold buffet alone would have made anybody happy, but being able to order warm foods as well was a real treat. They make the best porridge I have ever had. And the presentation was perfect. A little bit of sliced strawberries to add some color. I can only recommend this guesthouse to anyone who likes a personal touch when they travel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Everything about the Glenderran was perfect - the booking was done through email and the responses were very quick and detailed. All aspects of my visit were great! The room and bathroom were super and the wifi and tv were very nice touches. Thanks Ray and Maggie for a great stay!

• Stayed November 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I booked for myself and my fiancée to stay at Glenderran in October 2011, for a long weekend in St. Andrews, both of us having graduated from the university in 2008. My reason for selecting Glenderran from the vast number of B&Bs in St. Andrews was, initially, purely based on the price of the room that they were able to offer, however from the outset I seemed to have made the right choice as my various email queries were responded to quickly and politely by Maggie and Ray. They were honest and up-front about their delay and cancellation policies, and copies of these were attached to emails during the reservation process.

On arrival we were warmly greeted by Maggie and Ray, who congratulated us on our engagement (I had proposed that morning). Our room on the 2nd floor was extremely clean, nicely decorated, with an en-suite shower room (again spotless). Having freshened-up, we headed out for some late breakfast. When we returned there was a bottle of bubbly and a card in our room from Maggie and Ray which was a wonderful and completely unexpected gesture.

Breakfast was exactly what you would expect from a B&B – well practiced cooked dishes, good quality produce and attentive but not overbearing service from Ray. The bed was comfortable and the room had heating to cope with the Scottish cold, and contrary to other reviews there was no problem with us returning late at night on a couple of occasions.

Overall, staying at Glenderran was genuinely an extremely pleasant and relaxing experience, and one that I would not hesitate to repeat or recommend to friends and family.

I cannot emphasise enough, on behalf of Maggie and Ray, that when you book at Glenderran, you are booking a room at a B&B which is their home and there are certain limits as to what you can do and when. If you want a hotel then there are plenty in town.

Our thanks to Maggie and Ray, and we look forward to staying with them again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple