Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$187
eDreamsUS$187
Agoda.comUS$187
TripadvisorUS$187
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
All reviews no lift flights of stairs top floor friendly hotel hotel restaurant nice stay town centre trip to st andrews breakfast was excellent central location cooked breakfast high standard golf receptionist courses scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2021

I was working in St.Andrew’s and thought I would just stay the night so randomly chose the Ardgowan for my nights stay.
What a fantastic find this wee place was.
From the friendly welcome I received to the comfiest bed in a long time to the brilliant breakfast this hotel way outstripped my expectations.
Spotlessly clean and in the perfect location if you staying in St.Andrews then I would thoroughly recommend that’s hotel.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Playfair Hotels, Owner at Ardgowan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2021

Hello infoE6371EW,

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments for us, and we're absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I've shared your comments with our whole team and let everyone know to keep up the good work.

We hope you can come stay with us again soon!

Carmen

Reviewed 29 October 2021 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel with three other couples.
The room we were in was small but adequate enough for us.
The breakfast was very nice, our evening meal in the Restaurant was of a very high standard, beautiful.
Staff were very helpful and could not do enough for us.
I stupidly left a bag on departure the Receptionist called Hannnah went above and beyond to get this bag to me, even taking it to the post office when her shift had finished.
Would definitely recommend this Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank S_Doran64
Playfair Hotels, Owner at Ardgowan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2021

Hello S_Doran64,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially thankful for your comments on the service you received from Hannah. I will make sure to pass along your review to her to let her know she is doing a great job!

We're glad that we were able to get your bag back to you and we hope that you can come stay with us again sometime soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2021

One of the best hotels we stayed during our holiday in Scotland! We had a suite with an extra bed expecting a sofa bed but it was basically another little bedroom with a proper bed! Very spacious,spotlessly clean, a decent amount of good toiletries and friendly staff

Room tip: Suite with extra bed is absolutely gorgeous
Date of stay: October 2021
Playfair Hotels, Owner at Ardgowan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2021

Hello Luxetravellerplus23,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Deluxe Rooms and that you loved our Scottish Fine Soaps toiletries. Glad to see that our team made you feel at home during your stay and we hope that we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. We were in Room 9 which was very dark and quite small. The height of the ceiling and dark carpet made the room feel smaller and enclosed. Room was very warm. Two very small windows didn’t help to brighten the room. One window looks out on to the extractor duct from the restaurant which is noisy. I asked reception when this would be turned off and they confirmed it would be 10pm. What they failed to say was it started again at 6am! Needless to say the noise from that woke us up. Not quite the long lie we had hoped for on our holiday.
You should advise guests of noise from extractor fan before booking.

The bed was two singles joined together and you could feel and see the join in the middle.

Breakfast was average - fatty bacon, poached eggs that were overdone as no runny yolks in any of ours and potato scone that was rock hard.

Positives - hotel in a good central location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lunchwithdad
Playfair Hotels, Owner at Ardgowan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Hello lunchwithdad,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, though I'm sorry to read that you were not completely happy with your stay. I've passed your feedback along to each individual department in the hopes that we can improve our service for future guests. I do hope that you took full advantage of our amazing location in St Andrews and were able to explore everything in our town while you were here. We hope that you can come stay with us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2021 via mobile

We stayed at the Ardgowan hotel whilst in St Andrews for golf. The reception staff were friendly and helpful during the check in process.
The room was one of the smallest rooms I’ve ever stayed in and the bathroom was equally small. The bed was comfortable and the room did have enough sockets and charging points

The cooked breakfast was very small and disappointing. It was more like a snack breakfast. My ten year old grandson eats more. We were in a hurry for golf or would’ve given feedback at the time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Playfair Hotels, Owner at Ardgowan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2021

Hello BigTravellerAJC66,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're glad to see that you enjoyed many of the aspects of your stay and that our staff really impressed you while you were here.

We have varying room types throughout the hotel to suit most guests' needs, ranging from our smaller Junior Double or Twin Rooms to our standard size Classic King or Twin Rooms to our largest Deluxe King or Triple Rooms. I'm sorry to hear that the room you booked was not the size that you would have preferred. We do have photos and room sizes listed online to help guests make the best decision possible for their stay.

I'm also sorry to hear that you were disappointed with breakfast, as this is not something we normally hear. At the moment, guests are pre-ordering breakfast from the kitchen, so you have a choice between a full-cooked breakfast, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon or continental options, as well as coffee/tea, toast, cereal, porridge etc. I'm not sure what you ordered for breakfast when you were with us so I am unable to comment on what you received but any of our staff would have welcomed your feedback at the time.

We hope you enjoyed your golf in St Andrews while you were here and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again at a later date.