Greyfriars Inn
US$237
Rufflets Hotel(St Andrews)
US$179
Great 4.5/5
Albany Hotel(St Andrews)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$156
Orbitz.com
US$88
  • Restaurant
The Dunvegan Hotel(St Andrews)
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
The Russell Hotel(St Andrews)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsselection of beersrestaurant downstairscentral locationgood sizelarge roomfamily roombreakfast was includedtown centrecomfortable staygolf tripbed and breakfastyogurtgolf coursejintyandrewsfloorboardssofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Loved it here and I have booked again. We lived the large room and the staff were first class. Breakfast was good with a large helping. The room and the en-suite facilities were beautiful. We have booked again for my birthday weekend on the 23rd of Feb this year .What more can I say?

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank anthonyfraser
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Visited here on Saturday night around 11pm. The odd wee fellow with the dodgy haircut (you know who you are!) spent the whole night avoiding customers, and clearing up. Clearly to get a head start on finishing, instead of serving paying customers. I Couldn't have felt more unwelcome.

My advice is to train your staff on basic hospitality, then cleaning.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank delmo73
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I stayed here with my two children (7&8). Sometimes family rooms can be so squashed. This was lovely and spacious. When booking I hadn't realized it was attached to a bar, which may have put me off as I was travelling with young children, but I shouldn't have worried. We received a warm and helpful welcome. The hotel was well situated for us walking to different attractions. And breakfast. Well, it was lovely. Made to order hot breakfasts (I had smoked haddock and poached eggs) as well as being able to help yourself to cereal and yogurts.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel as a great place to base yourself if visiting St Andrews.

The one warning, which is not connected to the hotel, but St Andrews in general, is you need to drive around a bit to find parking that is for longer than 2hours, which of course you need if you are staying overnight. We found somewhere ok, but it would have been better to realise in advance.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Jim M, General Manager at Greyfriars Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for your great review hope to see you all again soon

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Just back from a fabulous weekend break with our friends at the newly reburbished Greyfriars. Our stay was great as always, good friendly staff, good food, great location and the changes are great.
Glad to say our trip was not spoiled by the antics of some guests on Saturday night where they were demanding drinks after the bar closed and were refusing to leave the bar. They were extremely noisy and disruptive and downright outrageous to the poor staff who handled the situation well. We will definitely be back - let’s hope those customers from Kirriemuir won’t! Well done to all the staff and see you next time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandimurdie
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I think it was a bad night at the office for the bar staff. We catch up with friends and wives every year in St. Andrews. It’s a lovely place. This year we stayed at Greyfriars Inn. Nice enough rooms and reasonably priced at £77 a night. The bar downstairs is spot on too.... until they phoned the police to get us to go to our beds!!!! Eh??? Just say “right everyone, we’re needing our beds, please head upstairs”, 2.00 in the morning isn’t desperately late, I feel. I was never asked to head to my bed, but my friends had been. You know how it is, we still had drinks, having a good catch up, “yeah we’re just going” sort of thing and the barman said to me that he’d just called the police to get us out. I thought he was joking and didn’t think anything of it. The police turned up and asked us to leave and we told them that we were staying in the hotel... couldn’t believe it!
On check out I mentioned to the manageress about what had happened and she got a bit tetchy and said we’d behaved badly and were really disrespectful to her staff and that we were lucky she wasn’t pressing charges!!!! I had to laugh and asked “for what?” She had cctv and I asked if she’d watched it back. No she hadn’t but was planning on and handing it over to the police. I said “please do” and asked if she would call with an apology after. I just feel everything was handled really badly. Bar staff to Managment. Yes, we had taken the mic a bit but most hotels will let you finish up your drinks at least. I think if they’d come over and said, we’re working tomorrow, we need to shut up shop, we would have absolutely gone, no problems. It did not need police presence... we were all left incredulous by what had happened. Apologies to the barman for calling him a bell *nd after we had been chucked out but it was ridiculous.

Looking forward to going back next year!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple