“Arrogant Patron! BUT THE PLAY WAS GOOD!”

Oranmor A Celebration Of Scotland
Ranked #640 of 2,555 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My sister and I went to enjoy a Pie, a Play, and a Pint on a weekday lunch time. We got our pies and drinks and sat at a table. The pie was cold, yuk! The lights went down and the play started. Immediately the woman sitting at the other side of our table puts on her phone"s FLASHLIGHT! and starts flipping pages and writing and flipping and moving the light to help her read further pages. The woman beside her also had her phone lit so as to work with the other woman. then the PLONKER of a guy sitting between them and us pulls out his phone and starts texting back and forth with whoever! I was furious. NO member of staff to be found anywhere except those working the lighting/sound boards. I ask an older gentleman standing by the door if he was staff. He wasn't but went to look for them. He couldn't find them and asked me where the women were sitting. He went and asked her to turn of the flashlight. All three turned off their electronics. But Flashlight girl gets all bent out of shape and starts really rustling her paperwork so much so that the other patrons in the room turned to see what the hey was going on. Me, I'd have tossed her and her sidekick out. But it ain't my place. Staff need to monitor while the play is going on and step in when folks are inconsiderate.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I went here recently whilst on business in Glasgow, 9 of of went here for a few drinks and an evening meal. The place itself is pretty amazing, a converted church with many of the original features, well worth a good look round. They have a great selection of various drinks, most notably whisky selection as one would expect in Scotland. The food menu is pretty decent with a very good selection of dishes to suit everyone. All was served together hot and tasty, we all went for various items so no mean feet. Overall i was quite impressed, the food was good value and we all enjoyed it. I would definitely come back here! The haggis BonBons are well worth trying!!!!

1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere great value for private function staff 100% wonderful evening had by all would definitely recommend the place.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

I visited Oran Mor a few times during my recent holiday in Glasgow. They have a whiskey bar, restaurant, and A Play, A Pie, and A Pint. The whiskey bar has a huge menu but the selection was made easier with a malt of the month. The restaurant has a nice menu. The Play, Pint, and Pie was a lot of fun and I recommend it.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

If you hit one pub establishment in the Glasgow West End, make it Oranmore! This amazing space was once filled with parishioners and saved to preserve the stunning buildilng to serve as a place of contemplation of all things God gave us, barley and even peat! The meat pies and fish and chips are some of the best and the beer and whisky selection alone are worth a trip! Be sure to stop by and confess to the beer keeps, I'm sure your secret's safe with them! :)