“One of the worst experiences ever”

Grill on the Corner
Ranked #420 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$40 - US$67
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The GRILL on the CORNER is a high-end, casual Dining Restaurant and Cocktail Bar on Glasgow's Bothwell Street.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The wife treated us to a midweek meal here and boy was it rotten. The steak was like trying to eat an old boot and some of the chips were bad. What infuriated me the most though was the attitude of management to try and resolve the matter by appeasing an unhappy customer. Absolutely appalling and we will certainly not be back. 1/10 would be generous. Poor show and thanks for hi-jacking an otherwise fab birthday.

2  Thank Dellboy20
GotC, Manager at Grill on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Dellboy

I am really sorry to hear of the issues mentioned in your review. I would really like the opportunity to discuss your visit further with you. Please drop me an email at glasgowbdm@blackhouse.uk.com and I will look in to this further with you.

Business Development Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,749)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We took our kids early one evening and it was fantastic start to finish. Our waitress was lovely (I can’t remember her name! But she was great, an asset to the company, blonde hair, very professional) we had a lovely booth and the food was delicious and prompt. We both enjoyed our fillet steaks and the kids loved their meals (although we had to ask for plates. Whoever designed the kids menu plating obviously doesn’t have kids!) Lovely family meal as always.

Hi Sarahjayne

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. I am really pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable evening and that our server made sure you and your family were well looked after. We value your feedback and really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I never feel the need to review anything bad online, but at the prices you pay in this establishment, you would be mad not to warn others about the sheer lack of consistency!
Had a really poor experience in the past in here, and when I attempted to get in touch with the establishment via the Facebook page to discuss the compensatory vouchers we failed to receive for said poor experience (which their page advises "usually replies within a few hours/days") I was completely ignored, twice- I am actually surprised I was convinced into coming back here with the 40% off deal I was given last night! (separate offer).
Last night: Cold restaurant, 50 minute wait between starter and main, and for the mains to arrive with solid/overcooked (perhaps even re-fried) chips on all of our plates (which I could barely even get my fork into as they were that crispy), two out of four steaks weren't cooked as per request (one of then was laughable), the side of veg was cold, preferred wine choice was also out of stock. Only reason I did not complain to the waiter was because this was a birthday dinner and we did not want to cause a fuss and ruin the atmosphere any further. Especially when the waiter was not to blame.
Will never return, two poor experiences now.. unless you are prepared to risk spending well in excess of £150 for a meal for 4 in a restaurant that seems very inconsistent and unprofessional then be warned!

3  Thank Andrew S

Dear Andrew

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have raised and I would really like the opportunity to discuss your visit further with you.

Please email me at Glasgow@blackhouse.uk.com as I would like to discuss your visit further.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kyle Martin

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I visited at lunch with some work colleagues. I have never been before as I am vegetarian and this being a grill restaurant didn’t really appeal to me however this was the choice so along I went. We had ordered a table so were seated immediately and orders taken. I had vegetable fajitas which were delicious I have to say though as I expected a vegetarian did not have a lot of options on the menu. Everyone in my party enjoyed their lunch also. Overall I would recommend

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. i am really glad to hear that you had an enjoyable lunch and enjoyed the vegetarian fajitas.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Waited over an hour between starters and mains. One Fillet steak ordered rare but was blue, two rump steaks burnt on outside but rare on inside when should have been medium, chips were burnt, vegetables were cold, plates were cold sauces nothing special.

1  Thank b0nneville23
GotC, Manager at Grill on the Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Bonneville23

I am really sorry to hear that we did not deliver at your recent visit. We would like to opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Please drop me an email at glasgowbdm@blackhouse.uk.com with your details and I will look in to the issues raised further