Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Gary B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Decent Stay at Moxy

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 Sept 2023via mobile
Check in was very quick and efficient. The girl checking us in was so attentive. Arrived at 1pm and our room was ready for us.
Welcome drink was a nice touch.
Room was usual for Moxy hotels, it was quite hot though as no AC but you are able to open a window. However, heard bins etc getting emptied at 5am which woke me up but only lasted for about 10 mins.
Breakfast was really good with an expansive selection. Coffee was excellent too from the machine.
Check out was quick and easy too.
Convenient location for George square only a 10 minute walk. Would definitely stay here again.
Multi Storey at Duke street, only a 3 minutes walk from hotel was ideal and only £5 for a 24 hour stay.
Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RM 463
    RM 428
    RM 492
1.2 km from Moxy Glasgow Merchant City
View more hotels in Glasgow
All reviews welcome cocktail duke street free cocktail minute walk to george square trendy hotel rooms are small one night stay bars and restaurants small issue short stay shower room great shower car park couple of nights the location is perfect would stay again budget hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2023

This hotel is not good. Hot…no ac. Cant open window more than an inch. Pillows are hard and thick…woke up with a crick in my neck. Ok location. No iron in the room. They didn't replace my coffee packets…had to ask. Welcome drink is horrible…pure sugar. Staffed by young kids…nice enough but they don’t care. Room is like a closet…of which there is none in the room. I cannot begin to imagine how two people would stay in this room …there’s no sofa. You have to sit on the bed. Their food is prepared in a little toaster oven…there is no kitchen. Its a joke. Im on quiet side and was awakened multiple times by noise.

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 14 August 2023

Stayed here for 3 weeks due to being decanted from own house

Beds are hard
rooms are very small
No storage .
Can be quite noisy at weekends
Food horrific
Not a great menu quite pricey and the chicken wings is from Iceland for 6 it’s £8 odds

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2023 via mobile

Pros:
Hotel feels very new
Good breakfast
Free welcome drink is a nice touch

Cons:
Inadequate staffing
Noisy location

Upon check-in you are advised this is a “self service hotel” - which I thought might be quirky for 1 night. In reality it just means they employ fewer staff, and are unable to provide an effective guest service when more than 1 or 2 guests are at the checkin/bar area.

The checkin, bar, and kitchen was a combined counter. I waited 10 minutes to checkin and 15 minutes at the bar for my “welcome” drink. Not because it was busy (I was the only person waiting at the bar when I arrived), but because the staff were busy with other tasks including making a pizza, crushing some ice, and assembling a cardboard box. It was quite comical in the end, I had subconsciously settled into the role of “invisible customer” when another guest complained and I was promptly dealt with.

I was also quite unfortunate in that my room faced the High Street, which was regularly in use by the emergency services and with their sirens during the night. Not the hotels fault - but something to be aware off.

Overall I would try to avoid this hotel for a business trip, but if you’re having a slow weekend, and out till 3am anyway it’s probably perfect for the price.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2023 via mobile

Work trip for Cycling World Championship 23. Staff here couldn’t have been more help over the last week or so.
Used the restaurant a couple of evenings as we late returning and staff happily provided food even though it was after ‘last food orders’ time. Breakfast was substantial setting us up for long days.
Room was adequate for what I needed. Daily serviced-fresh towels👍
Location great for exploring Glasgow whether that be on foot, station adjacent or bike.

Room tip: Parking was a couple minutes away. Room did become hot but I was on the south side with the sun most of theday air conditioning regulated.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2023

Stayed at the Moxy over the UCI week- even though part of the course ran right in front of the hotel, getting in & out was perfect. The hotel staff were great, (Jaime the bartender makes the best espresso martinis), and the cappuccinos paired really well for my work calls.
Thanks Moxy team!