“Nothing superior about it”
Review of Glasgow Pond Hotel

Glasgow Pond Hotel
Ranked #57 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here as part of a larger booking of nine rooms as it was conveniently located. I stayed in what was labelled as a 'superior ' room but I can't think of anything superior about it. Located next to the elevator of fourth floor should have been a warning sign as I heard the lift travel up and down all night (including the going down/ fourth floor etc spoken by the lift... certainly no superior floor. Initially the TV didn't work. Thinking it might be the remote, I sought manual buttons on TV to be horrified at the amount of dust. On a positive, the bed was comfy just as well as I lay awake for most of night!! I don't expect to rush back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Helen w, Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Terry
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was dissapointed to read your commnets as this is not our usual standard, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve our service and your feedback will be shared with the team
Helen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

After reading recent reviews it's fair to say I was dubious about visiting this hotel.

Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel clean and tidy and being able to check in 2 hours early was a bonus!

Me and my partner spent the day and evening away from the hotel arriving back around 11pm to find a tapping noise outside the window. Please bare in mind that it was not raining in this photo, the water was from a drip!

This noise was easy to ignore for a while but began to be unbearable once the tv had been turned off. I spoke to reception who advised no other rooms available but he came up to inspect the noise and advised to place a towel outside the window to stop a drip which was causing the noise. This worked... temporarily!

Safe to say not a great nights sleep. I refuse to believe no one has reported that noise before. Would have been fine apart from that

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Samanatha

Thank you for taking the time to provoide feed back, I was saddened to read your comments about the issues you encountered through out your stay, this has been reported to maintenance to prevent this occuring again.
I hope you visit again and allow us the opportuinty to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here to attend a concert in Glasgow. Very convenient for railway station.
Room was comfortable but ensuite bathroom a bit cramped. Breakfast was very good. Staff at reception abc in the restaurant were polite and efficient.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My boyfriend and I travelled to Glasgow from Dublin at the weekend (NOV 3rd-6th) for a concert. He booked the hotel and I have to say I was a bit anxious when I saw it was a little bit outside the city. In actual fact it was fantastic! It was a short bus ride (10 minutes) in and out which was great for us because we weren't driving. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Even though the room was facing onto the road our room was silent and we had the best sleep! We had breakfast included and there was a good selection every morning and it was fresh. The bar dinner menu was a little bit of a let down but that was the only downside. There was a lovely cocktail bar/restaurant across the road which was also FANTASTIC. Staff were lovely and welcoming. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Eimero95

Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The entrance and reception are welcoming and the bar and restaurant are nicely furnished but unfortunately the standard of the food in the dining room is poor. I have been for a meal here several times with family but each time it has been disappointing. They need a good chef here to bring it up to standard.

Stayed: June 2017
HelenOps, Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Margaret

Thank you for taking the time & trouble to post a review following your recent visit to us.

I was disappointed to read your comments as this is not our usual standard and it is with feedback such as yours that we can improve our customer service.

Please be assured this will be addressed within our chef