“Nice lunch”
Review of Esca

Esca
Reserve with OpenTable
Esca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 2,633 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Four of us went to Esca yesterday for lunch. Lovely and warm inside which was great as it was bitter cold outside.

Me and my mum had the polpetti meatballs for our starter, my stepdad had the goats cheese while my hubby had the chicken goujons. We all enjoyed our starters.

For the main course, I had the pollo Milanese, hubby had the pork loin, mum had the steak roast and stepdad had the spaghetti with prawns. I felt my pollo Milanese couldn't been a bit more filling but all in all, we enjoyed the main courses. The food was tasty, in the main food sized portions and we all had clear plates at the end up.

Staff were pleasant and friendly, service was good. Lovely place inside, comfortable and lovely watching the world go by with the big windows.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Was very disappointing, I ordered the pollo pepe, which said it came will a side salad n fries, the side salad was quarter of a tomato and a few leafs of lettus which was brown and passed it's best, half a chicken breast and a very small portion of fires which even the waitress noticed and got them to put more on, pizzas were burnt on the bottom and very greasy. Then to top it all off the alcohol was very expensive. Won't be back.

1  Thank Heather M
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came here for a meal before going to a gig at the Barrowlands as it was a good location and they had a pre theatre menu (which I had called to check was on and was advised yes until 7pm) so we booked for 6:30.
Arrived and there was no pre theatre menu on only the main menu, which didn't even have penne arrabiata on It!
We ordered mozzarella fritti to start which was itself quite pleasant but it was served with a sweet tomato sauce (of which there wasn't much) but it wasn't very nice! My partner ordered lasagne, the portion size which came out was tiny and the lasagne itself was dry and made only with salt (Well that's what it tasted like) I ordered a penne pasta dish, the sauce of which was like water not even a hint of chilli in it, really basic So bad!
Had someone asked how our meal was I would have said something but no one did.
The wine was nice though and so was the setting and the first member of staff we spoke to on arrival was pleasant.

Next time we will just go further out to Amore to guarantee a lovely meal, will definitely not be back!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Becoming a real favourite and of course a voucher always helps. Very fresh sharing plater to start followed by pasta (carbonara & arribiata) which as always were top drawer. Nice house red to accompany. Desert, not really my thing but the trio was nice although a bit heavy, rich and dry however does not take from an excellent meal. Staff great and attentive. See you soon

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Visited today with my sister, bro in law and boyfriend. My sister had purchased a groupon voucher which entitled us to Pizza or pasta main (unsure how much she paid) but can honestly say what a great deal it was. Everyone else ordered pizzas which looked delicious and I had the amatriciana I have ever tasted. We also ordered some sides of chips and arancini and again absolutely spot on. Couldn't recommend enough and can't wait for my next visit. Everyone should visit this little gem of a restaurant.

PS: I ate an entire dime Sundae which was delicious but I have to admit I was extremely jealous of my bro in laws sticky toffee pudding sundae which looked amazing!