“Excellent quality for a cheap price”
Review of Kelvin Hotel

Kelvin Hotel
Ranked #65 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my second and definietely not the last time spended at Kelvin Hotel. Very cheerful and helpful staff, excellent cooked breakfast (bacon is my favourite; nobody does bacon like they do!), spacious and clean bathrooms, cosy rooms and quite comfortable beds. Close to the city centre (it's four stations by subway), very close to the botanic gardens, shops, pubs etc. I recommend it from the bottom of my heart!

Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words which are most encouraging to our staff to maintain good standards and bring to the management’s notice any improvements.We are always striving to improve your stay and
Currently renewing CCTV cameras for new sharp views for your safety at all times.
3 bedrooms are going to be completely refurbished for further comforts.
Plans in the pipeline for more en-suite rooms.
List is in-exhaustive.
Looking forwards to your re-visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel was very welcoming and helpful. The food was lovely and hot, the room warm and inviting, nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff to do for you. The location was within easy access of Glasgow Central for shopping, various eateries and unusual shops across the road and the hospital where I was visiting a family member was within walking distance.

Would certainly recommend them to others - thank you greatly.

1  Thank lindsey58668
Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanking for taking the time to post this review.
It is always nice to get feedback.
The above comments are the good permeanant features of the hotel,location,transportation and 24/7 safety surrounded by nice people who can always spare a moment to talk.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Comfortable, clean and cosy! Friendly staff, great breakfast, ideal location in the heart of Glasgow's West End and twelve minutes from the town centre. We would definitely recommend this excellent hotel.

Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your sincere review.
We are humbled and are proud that your stay was comfortable and homely.
We enjoyed serving you.
I am glad you enjoyed the local transport and amenities.
I hope you will return soon and too tell friends and family should they visit our City again soon I hope.
Reviews as yours make the staff feel appreciated.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Very good location, plenty of restaurants and attractions nearby. The lady at the reception desk made us feel very welcome. We stayed in an en suite bedroom which was decently sized and cosy. Breakfast was good. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for kind words and enjoying you stay.
We try hard to give all our guests a good stay with clean rooms and environment.
Good wholesome and varied breakfast served over a reasonable period allowing guests enjoy their visit.
We have a botanical garden a short walk and the a shopping area.
We are well located for transport too.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

When I was booking my stay at the Kelvin Hotel I was drawn in by both the location and the price. The hotel is perfectly for anywhere in the west end, but especially close to the University. It is also on an easily accessible road, quiet due to being slightly removed from the main road. The pricing of the hotel (my room was £39 for bed and breakfast) is very inexpensive for the area, and the other hotels I had seen as this cost did not look like the same standard.

My actual stay at the Kelvin Hotel was really enjoyable. The room, I think I may have been put in a double not a single, was really nice. Simple and compact but extremely clean, well decorated and comfortable. I had a brilliant night sleep, as the bed was brilliant and it was not noisy. The shared bathrooms were more dated, but still clean and comfortable enough. I have to give a special mention to the staff who were extremely pleasant and helpful. Also the breakfast food was good quality, and the breakfast service all very well done!

Thank you all for a lovely stay. I would definitely come again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for leaving a review.
I am glad we have been value for money being when located and offer a warm atmosphere from when you arrive till you leave.
I hope you will recommend us to friends and return soon.