US$180
US$218
US$149
US$125
  • Restaurant
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$78
  • Restaurant
The Z Hotel Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbotanic gardenswest endbyres roadgreat western roadsingle roomcooked breakfastcity centrechoice of cerealssmall roomnice breakfaststreet parkingrestaurants and barsideal locationbed and breakfastdefinitely stay here againbeanspleasant stay
Reviewed 14 November 2017

The hotel was very welcoming and helpful. The food was lovely and hot, the room warm and inviting, nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff to do for you. The location was within easy access of Glasgow Central for shopping, various eateries and unusual shops across the road and the hospital where I was visiting a family member was within walking distance.

Would certainly recommend them to others - thank you greatly.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lindsey58668
Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanking for taking the time to post this review.
It is always nice to get feedback.
The above comments are the good permeanant features of the hotel,location,transportation and 24/7 safety surrounded by nice people who can always spare a moment to talk.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Comfortable, clean and cosy! Friendly staff, great breakfast, ideal location in the heart of Glasgow's West End and twelve minutes from the town centre. We would definitely recommend this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 547mitchf
Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thank you for your sincere review.
We are humbled and are proud that your stay was comfortable and homely.
We enjoyed serving you.
I am glad you enjoyed the local transport and amenities.
I hope you will return soon and too tell friends and family should they visit our City again soon I hope.
Reviews as yours make the staff feel appreciated.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Very good location, plenty of restaurants and attractions nearby. The lady at the reception desk made us feel very welcome. We stayed in an en suite bedroom which was decently sized and cosy. Breakfast was good. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Arun R, Manager at Kelvin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for kind words and enjoying you stay.
We try hard to give all our guests a good stay with clean rooms and environment.
Good wholesome and varied breakfast served over a reasonable period allowing guests enjoy their visit.
We have a botanical garden a short walk and the a shopping area.
We are well located for transport too.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

When I was booking my stay at the Kelvin Hotel I was drawn in by both the location and the price. The hotel is perfectly for anywhere in the west end, but especially close to the University. It is also on an easily accessible road, quiet due to being slightly removed from the main road. The pricing of the hotel (my room was £39 for bed and breakfast) is very inexpensive for the area, and the other hotels I had seen as this cost did not look like the same standard.

My actual stay at the Kelvin Hotel was really enjoyable. The room, I think I may have been put in a double not a single, was really nice. Simple and compact but extremely clean, well decorated and comfortable. I had a brilliant night sleep, as the bed was brilliant and it was not noisy. The shared bathrooms were more dated, but still clean and comfortable enough. I have to give a special mention to the staff who were extremely pleasant and helpful. Also the breakfast food was good quality, and the breakfast service all very well done!

Thank you all for a lovely stay. I would definitely come again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for leaving a review.
I am glad we have been value for money being when located and offer a warm atmosphere from when you arrive till you leave.
I hope you will recommend us to friends and return soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Four friends and I chose the Kelvin hotel for the groom's stag due to its proximity to Byers Road. We had a mix of shared, single and double rooms; none of us had any complaints. What more can you ask of a hotel, other than it is clean, quiet, and comfortable?

We chose to have breakfast included (which two of our group sadly missed due to the quality, and quantity, of Glasgow's whisky...), and it was perfectly fine. The bedsheets were clean, the mattresses comfortable (pillows too). The lady we dealt with at reception was more than happy to give us directions, and suggestions as to nice bars, restaurants, and the easiest way to get into the town centre.

Of course it's not the Hilton. The showers are slightly cramped, and showerheads aren't particularly powerful. However the criticisms of the bathrooms end there; towels provided were, again, clean, and the water hot. Some of the wiring finishings left something to be desired, but they don't detract too much from the overall experience.

If you're looking for value for money, you'd do well to find somewhere as good as the Kelvin.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for you making the time to leave a review and that too positive.
As you have said we have a variety of rooms making it possible to access modate friends and family.
We try to make your stay warm and pleasant.
I hope you will return and too recommend us to friends.