“Awesome Food!!! ”

The 78
Ranked #286 of 2,621 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A heart warming little bar and restaurant in Glasgow's famed Finnieston. All our food and drink is free from any animal produce.
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent selection of vegan food and the staff were really happy and helpful when accommodating for my nut allergy and gluten intolerance, which is always a good sign to me! The food was absolutely delicious and the place has a good atmosphere

Reviewed 29 January 2018

So this was our first visit to this place at the weekend. We wanted a nice Vegan breakfast before travelling home.

We arrived just after 12, which is when it opens. We were asked if we had booked a table, but we hadnt. The place was empty. So we thought that was a bit strange. But we didnt realise this at that point, but we were very lucky to get the last table available.

We were quickly given a menu. We ordered the breakfast. Chilled out and waited for our food. We got sat near the fire so it was nice and cosy. While we waited for our breakfast the place must have filled up to the max within about 10 minutes. People were even turned away it was that busy. So we were very lucky to have gotten in and ordered when we did.

Our food did take a bit of time to come out, but we werent in a rush. We both enjoyed our breakfast and have to say we really enjoyed it. If I did pick out anything negative, it would be that the sweet potato and potato cubes were cold, so it was a bit odd with the rest of the food. But I still eat it.

We found the service to be fine. Basically a couple young guys serving the whole place. But they seemed to handle it well.

I liked the atmosphere and the quirky/hipster vibe. We didnt have any beer, but would like to go back to try some of their selection.

What I would take note of is that when we went to pay, we told them that we had a student card. They said we should have told them this at the start. But we never saw this anywhere apart from a small sign at the till. So its too late at that point and you cant really blame your customers if you dont make sure they read that before ordering.
Maybe this should be put on the menu so when people are ordering they know this.

I have to say the student card issue was probably the only awkward part of our experience. But I think we would like to return to this place and try what else they have to offer.

I would make sure you book a table here before venturing out.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Came here at the weekend with an itison voucher.

I had the 78 burger with chips. The burger was one of the best vegan burgers I've ever had and the chips were delicious, and the staff were super friendly. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Good place to catch up with friends, prices are ok. On sundays they have jazz night, best option to go out in a sunday night in that area

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Popped in just for a few drinks before going on to a booked meal. That was the first mistake as we decided to order a few starters to keep us going! As usual eyes were bigger than our stomachs but just about managed to devour the lot.
Good selection of tasty starters including tacos, beetroot pate and Cajun chips.