“Fresh fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Traditional Fish & Chips
Description: Traditional Fish & Chips
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is casual dining but good for what it is. Fish and chips is the speciality of the house. The haddock was very good. Curry chips and mushy peas were great side dishes. Our group enjoyed our lunch. Booths are a bit small. Not a lot of ambiance but good food. The do takeaway as well as dining in.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Called in today for lunch and were very pleasantly surprised...
A young man asked us to take a seat and then we were served straight away by a really friendly experienced lady.. nothing was too much trouble for her and she brought us two lovely haddock and chips with beans separately tartare sauce and bread and butter..
The fish was delicious and filled the light batter completely not a soggy bit in sight and the chips were really crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.
I think our eyes were bigger than our bellies because only one half slice of bread was eaten.
The whole meal was really filling and not heavy and together with the fast friendly and efficient service I would recommend a visit here.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Came here a Saturday afternoon for lunch with my girlfriend. Had fish and chips with a coke. It was...ok. The fish was a bit small but it served it's purpose. I certainly didn't find it as terrible as some other reviews on here though, didn't have that experience

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

had The Haggis,Fish & Chips and it was lovely I have tried Haggis in other places but I find it’s better here.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Well guys I have eaten good in you shops but to night was the worst An I won't be back ever even for a juice ? Why let me tell you 8 pm I ask for a small fish supper ! Great ! lady asks if I want mushy peas ok I will buy into that thanks but I ask can I have them in a tub not to soak the chips and fish 40 p extra ok I nod but before she can tell the fryer he smothers the chips in mushy peas I said no thank can I have them separately but he's put them on the supper so it's my fault so I said you did not listen to the instructions that I gave to the lady he was not pleased I said he was rude and he was I had just wanted to but some peas separate in a tub for what was £1 now £1.40 p for mushy peas cost to prepare pennies so guys you need to look at the attitude of the large fryer in that shop ! I know it's a brand and I have had great chips and fish from your shops but tonight you let this customer down poorly I am in catering not easy to get it right all the time but tonight you failed badly I was hungry just finished my work had one drink and just fancied some good ole fashioned fish An chips wish I had not asked for the peas but they where offered ? I am not sure what you will do with this review but the large fryer needs to go a have some costumer care training I was not rude I said he was rude in not listening to what I had asked for so not my ignorance but his ! I went up stairs had a fresh burger with hot fries and a coffee girl who was charming delivered what I had asked for took my payment and said thank you for you business now your team could take a lesson from her because she was polite and was glad of my business your team where shocking so no such thing as bad PR but tonight your team in the shop underneath the bridge at GC where as poor as I have encountered over the past few years and remember this is my business so if you value my comments please sort it I might not be back but others might not be so kind as in telling you ! It's all in the service !

1  Thank charles p