“Cute Cafe”

Cuisines: French
Description: Bakery, restaurant & cafe
Description: Bakery, restaurant & cafe
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here, it was busy but not overly so. The soup of the day was tasty and portion size was good.

Also reasonably priced. Would visit again.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

If you can’t make a flat white, don’t.
Better options close by:
Kember and Jones (literally next door).

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Haven't been here in a while and won't be back, due to our recent lovely weather people were obviously heading out as cabin fever had taken its grip. When we initially arrived it wasn't too busy, so we ordered our food and coffees in record time as we were both hungry, mines arrived after a short wait but the other half had to wait and I'd almost finished mine by the time it arrived noticed that the other tables were in the same boat, they also put poached eggs instead of the fried that he'd asked for but after waiting so long decided to just eat it, apologies if anyone got his fried Instead of poached.
The girls who served were pleasant enough but the Chefs in the kitchen really need to sort it out and serve meals table by table.
Byres Road has many other places and I'm afraid to say we will be passing this one in future despite the lovely looking cakes on display.

1  Thank nippy64
Reviewed 31 January 2018

Reading back on some of these reviews shocked me! My time at Cafe Francoise was excellent. Staff were so welcoming and pleasant to speak with. I had a party of around 8 people and because there was only booths for around 4/5 people the staff quickly rearranged the tables to accommodate us which was so nice. Myself and 2 others had the specials on the menu that day, the beef bourguignon and spicy Italian sausage and OH my god it was gorgeous. So tasty, more than I imagined! We finished of with coffees and cake (which I’ll defo be back for.) thank you Cafe Francoise for a memorable visit. WE WILL BE BACK :)

1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed 17 January 2018

visited with a friend and his 6 year old daughter.

waitress was quite unhelpful, not in a massively nasty way but just a whole i can't be bothered vibe, okay - its between x-mas and new year but come on.

kids stuff took forever to come, we'd almost finished by the time her stuff arrived, food was pretty basic, i had minestrone soup and a sandwich and i'd be surprised if it wasn't soup from a tin. the sandwich had what tasted like kids spreading cheese in it........weird.

pretty poor show, particularly at the price point.