“Amazing food and chilled out atmosphere”
Review of The Flying Duck

The Flying Duck
Ranked #306 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: We're more than a bar-club. You'll know what we mean when you come down. Within the confines of our walls, you can find food and drink, of course. You can look further if you like. Then you'll see all our clubs, gigs and events - anything from a weekly alternative pub quiz (hosted by possibly two of the funniest people ever) to an open platform performance evening, followed swiftly by our Thursday, Friday & Saturday night clubs...super fun. Open until 3am every night, you've got all the time in the world.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I ate here twice while we were in Glasgow for a trip. On both occasions our food was great and the portion sizes were good. The music was deadly and the staff were friendly. Cheap and cheerful vegan pub food at its best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was in here yesterday, was in a bit of a rush and just popped in on the off chance.
Had a custom built burger,and have to say it was just what I needed. Good service, good food, no issues.
Thanks, will be back again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Our food was great and the service was nice. However the actual restaurant seemed like it could do with a good scrub, which perhaps goes against their vibe? I don’t know. I love the concept of the place and would go again if ever in Glasgow.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have gone here three times while staying in walking distance, and the people, atmosphere, food options, are all excellent. Because I have Coeliacs, I was super excited with the gluten free options on the extensive vegan menu.

#1 on second visit, I was served Amstel Beer instead of Strongbow Cider and in the dark I didn't notice the difference (same serving glasses) until I had taken a sip.

#2 I decided that #1 was a simple mistake and that I would watch my drink. I ordered the Mac & Cheese, billed as **Gluten Free on the Menu.** I was brought my food with wheat bread on the side. When I asked if it could be removed, the server kindly offered to bring gf bread instead. Win! (or so I thought). He took away the Mac & Cheese / Bread and a few minutes later another server brought the Mac & Cheese back and said that the bread would be out shortly. I asked if the Mac & Cheese was defo gf, and he said "yes". I ate said Mac & Cheese, and about the time that I finished the server returned with a plate bearing my gf bread and **a bowl of Mac & Cheese without the Topping**. I now know that I was served a dish that was advertised and assured as gf with BREAD CRUMBS on it as I am now in bed, wishing for quick death over the pain I am in.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Would 100% visit again when I next visit Glasgow. Great food, lovely quirky atmosphere. I've already recommended to some pals!!