Glasgow City Pads
Newton Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Free Internet
Dakota Deluxe Glasgow(Glasgow)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Please do not even look at this place it is disgusting and a waste of your time and money - no refund from them even though its inhabitable! We went to have a look at the room after seeing the state of the reception and refused to stat here - hotel reception did not have any contact details for a Manager and were very unhelpful.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We walked in and our jaws dropped.

Holes in the walls, surfaces still greasy from previous occupiers, rubbish (including food) underneath the beds, someone's clothes left in the bathroom, garbage bin bent in half, someone's mail lying on the kitchen bench.

It seems the only thing they do here between occupiers is change the sheets (and tired, worn out sheets at that). There was certainly no "cleaning" of any sort done.

I'm surprised that we didn't get bed bugs.

We had arrived a little early, and asked if we could get the key earlier. We were told it was £15 extra. Extra, for what? It's not like they were getting the cleaner in earlier for us.

Noisy, noisy, noisy... the street outside is very busy, and we had drunk hooligans shouting at all hours outside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Tired, shabby & in need of a revamp & a good clean! Livingroom was depressing with it's black & red painted walls & its mis-matched furniture & having to sit with "the big light" on. Bath mat was stained & grubby looking. Won't be back!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Just come back from these apartments today after a one night stay. We arrived after 3 pm to discover our apartment wasn't ready because they were short cleaning staff. We dropped our bags and went out again for some food and drinks. We arrived back to the apartment and were instantly disgusted.

It didn't look clean. The whole place was reeking of cigarettes, barely a towel between 6 of us and apparently they considered 2 duvets between us all to keep warm in a Scottish Winter acceptable. After over an hours of phone calls where we're told there won't be anyone in until Monday, finally someone agrees to go out and get us duvets, towels and pillows. Apparently they'd run out of them so just hadn't bothered to make up the difference in our apartment.

They did give us a delay on check out but to be honest, it was no compensation because we all left early this morning. Couldn't wait to get away from the place.

The flats are badly decorated, curtains do not fit the windows, laminate flooring is coming up and they smell.

Compare this to the apartment I stated in in Edinburgh a few weeks ago... Similarly priced but on a whole different level. Penthouse apartment overlooking barges, balcony, beautiful apartment. Absolutely beautiful and what you'd expect from a so called executive apartment.

Whoever is running this outfit in Glasgow is seriously taking the mick. I will never stay in this cess pit again and would recommend every one to avoid it like syphilis.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here on a conference and chose it because the rate gave me a night free which made it good value for money over a hotel stay. the hotel is on Bath Street just opposite The Kings Theatre and a 10 minute walk into the centre of town. If you are coming to Glasgow as a tourist then the location is perfect. bath Street has loads of pubs and restaurants. I wasn't happy with the strange arrangements for check in. you have to go to a hotel close by to check in and collect the keys. it took me a while to find the hotel although on reflection it is just across the road. I was grilled a bit by the receptionist who asked me strange questions like will I have anyone visiting the apartment and did I know it was for single occupancy, so from the off my impressions were not good. Adding to that the security card for entry to the building was fussy and pit me off. As it was I went to the entrance and tried to get on without success. I didn't however feel like returning to the hotel for advice as they were a bit frosty. I got the impression they had had a lot of hassle and headache offering this accommodation. Eventually someone living at the building let me in. I got up to the floor and thought how poke and dark the hall area was. On entering the apartment the place looked huge. A bedroom to the left and another just right. Right of that was a living room kitchen combo. My first impressions were ok. After choosing which room I'd stay in I settled down in the living room. After a bit it all seemed too big for one guest and a tiny bit spooky and impersonal. I also noticed the floorboards squeaked a lot when you walked on them and the fixtures and finish was cheap. I was high up and got an awful feeling the whole building might collapse ay any moment. that evening I went to sleep in the average, dodgy decor bedroom. I have to be honest and say I didn't feeel like I was staying in a terribly clean room. What utterly shocked me was the constant noise coming from Bath Street. I was pretty high up but on ground level there was a bus stop and I could hear people screaming and yelling drunkenly after a night out. Eventually I had to move to the living room where I slept on the leather sofa for the rest of my stay. I think as a group of four who are in Glasgow for a fun few days or a stag night then this place would work because of the location and the value for money if four stayed but for me it was not what I wanted. I did intact leave a day early and was relieved to do so.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo