“Value for money accommodation spoiled by late night revellers”
Review of Redhurst Hotel

Redhurst Hotel
Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 November 2017

The Redhurst Hotel is a friendly slightly old fashioned hotel. It is clean and the rooms are adequately furnished. However, there was a function on in the hotel, and while there was no sound from the function itself, when the guests left the function to go to their rooms there was around an hour to an hour and a half of intermittent talking in the corridor, door slamming, knocking on doors starting from 1.30am. This was unfortunate as it spoiled what would otherwise have been a recommendation for a good value hotel.

Room Tip: Check whether there is a function on in the hotel.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
lesleysmith2017, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind Trip Advisor review.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconvenience caused by some of our residents on the night of your stay.

I am delighted however that you found the hotel friendly, clean and good value.

It would please us greatly to welcome you back at any time in the future for a quieter stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

First class service buy all the staff, food was very good. If you are booking I recommend the upgrade Giffnock suite is much bigger and well worth the extra.the only thing i would say is the room could have been a bit warmer even after we turned up the radiators. I have been in so called better hotels paid twice as much and had nowhere near the level of service and hospitality.

Room Tip: Book the upgrade
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
lesleysmith2017, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor.

The staff are always delighted when someone takes the time to acknowledge the standard of service that they strive to deliver and our Chefs work hard to deliver quality food from breakfast until the last dinner check in the evening.

I am delighted that you found our hotel to be good value for money and it would be our pleasure to extend our service and hospitality to you any time in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We stayed here to see Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the Eastwood Theatre as we travelled from Cheshire.
Absolutely lovely place, friendly staff, good breakfast and a great nights sleep.
There was a function on downstairs and the cast of the show were having their end of show party there too. But we were only disturbed once during the night by any noise.

Room Tip: Room 1 - perfectly fine. Watch for the dodgy stair but otherwise no problems
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark G
lesleysmith2017, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your recent review & recommendation of The Redhurst Hotel on tripadvisor

Your comments are appreciated by all our team and I am delighted you enjoyed our hospitality and hope we can now become your hotel of choice in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I stayed at the Redhurst Hotel for 10 days, Oct.24-Nov,2 2017.

I was very impressed with everything. I had a Scottish Breakfast every morning which was amazing. My room was very clean and warm feeling. Every single staff member I dealt with was awesome, I don’t want to name names in case I miss someone. The staff all go above and beyond, you have hired great people. The bar was great too, all your regular customers and bar staff made me feel so welcome. I really loved the Steak Pie and Hamburgers. The location is perfect too, easy access to the highway. 20 minute drive from airport, 15 minute drive to George Square. I’ll be back in May 2018.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review and recommendation of the Redhurst Hotel.

I really appreciate the positive comments that you have posted regarding all aspects of the hotel.

I have a dynamic and eager team who are naturally friendly and enthusiastic to go the extra mile in customer service which helps to provide a warm and comfortable environment for our guests enjoyment.

It was our pleasure facilitating your accommodation requirements here at the Redhurst Hotel

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Let’s start with the important people who make this Hotel tick. Lorraine on day shift reception, who sorted out our minor booking problem quickly and amicably. Lesley on night shift, who along with the night porter, helped my 81 year old mother get back onto her feet after falling coming out the taxi. The cab driver just sat and watched her struggling to get to get back up, disgusting!

Back to the Hotel, it certainly ticked all the boxes for the family. We had booked 4 rooms for our youngest daughters nearby Scottish wedding reception after her recent marriage in Cyprus. The rooms were spotless and had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. I must add the Tunnocks caramel wafer to have with your tea is a simple but really nice touch. Scottish full breakfast was served the next day, well cooked and presented expertly by the staff, absolutely no complaints.

Would I stay here again? Definitely! The Hotel has a refurbishment programme in place which can only improve what I think is already a decent place to stay when visiting Glasgow.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
lesleysmith2017, General Manager at Redhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and I appreciate you taking your valuable time to write such a positive review. Your review gives me great encouragement, knowing that my staff always aim to go the extra mile to make guests feel as comfortable as possible in our establishment. We hope to provide a home from home feeling.

I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate my thanks for your positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
0.8 km away
4.5 km away
Number 10 Hotel
Number 10 Hotel
#32 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Redhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!