3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$78
Trip.comUS$78
CheapTicketsUS$88
1,456 results
All reviews super room great location travel lodge city centre george square close to shops coffee machine comfortable bed family room bars and restaurants great stay few minutes walk wi fi train station comfortable stay short stay would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Rooms are relatively modern, small and compact - get what you pay for. Older woman with glasses and blond hair at reception was extremely rude and unhelpful acted as if she didn’t want to speak to anyone/answer any questions although younger man and woman were very friendly and helpful. Great central location to shops, bars and railways.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2021

The location of the Travelodge Queen Street Glasgow is excellent, yet this causes guest to make some compromises during their stay, mainly in relation to external noise issues.

One issue that was immediately presented on check in was the compact dungeon like reception area which is hardly fir for purpose, especially when numerous guests wish to check in at the same time; the bar and restaurant are adjacent and have the same issue of being cramped and not that welcoming due to the dark cave like nature of the room.

The rooms are standard UK Travelodge yet are beginning to show some considerable wear and tear.

I must review that I experienced some terrible customer service from the staff; rude and arrogant employees who treated customers as an inconvenience and not a valued customer; I witnessed this both at first hand and towards other customers.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank chris-anthony-uk
Reviewed 7 August 2021

Super room was tiny
Paid extra to have a coffee machine in my room! That's the only real benefit.
Was very stuffy
No advice given beforehand that there are a huge amount of road works going on in the area and that it could take upto another hour to park outside

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 3 August 2021

We had a great 2 days here, clean room, friendly staff, comfy bed and a great view from the window. I didn't realise it was so close to George Square, its right across from the museum, disabled friendly what else is there to say

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 2 August 2021

I just recently spent two nights at the Travelodge, Queen Street, Glasgow.

I was greeted on arrival by a very friendly receptionist who was most helpful in allocating me a room at the end of the corridor away from the lifts. Although the room had not much of a view it was absolutely fine.

It was clean from top to toe. The bed was comfortable and spotless. There was a good shower in the bathroom. Only thing that concerned me was that the kettle was rather black at the base and I really felt very unhappy about that!! More importantly there were NO pillow protectors on the pillows, this I feel should be a standard thing in ALL hotels. One could say a health hazard!!

I have to say that Covid 19 restrictions most certainly were being observed here with above all else a one way system within the hotel.

All the staff I came in contact with were very friendly and helpful.

I never had any meals in the restaurant so I cannot comment on that.

Would I recommend this Travelodge, I most certainly would do so. It is so, so central you are very close to some lovely Restaurants which is great. Loads of good shops nearby. You are also a short walk from Central Station and Queen Street Station and Buchanan Street bus station so what more could you ask for.

Would I stay here again, I have already booked up two nights from the 16th August so what a better recommendation is that!!!

Room tip: If you are a light sleeper you want to be away from the lifts
1  Thank missbute