US$199
US$193
Cairngorm Lodge Youth Hostel(Aviemore)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$165
US$152
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$188
Travelocity
US$210
US$175
Hotels.com
Badaguish Wigwam & Campsite(Aviemore)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Free Internet
All reviewscommunal areasbed dormdrying roomcommon roomkitchen facilitieswinter skills courseeasy accessgreat facilitiesgood sizetown centreloungesinkstescoearplugsbeddingwalkerscairngorm
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Two plug sockets in a 6 bunk room. And finding sockets almost impossible. Why not put some in room? Its a brand new hostel.

No lockers in room. Outside the doors from reception. Just 6. Not good enough.

Too few showers. Two cubicles for 6 rooms.

WiFi near impossible but its remote so u kind of expect it.

Plus side... Hot shower, big pillows and comfy bed. Great after a long day's hiking.

Most of the staff are friendly I opted for breakfast.. Basic but plentiful.

Room Tip: Remember you have to put the sheets on the bed.
Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
SYHAHostelling, Public Relations Manager at Aviemore Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Hi J S
Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us, Its great to see overall you had a good time and have noted your points regarding the sockets, lockers, and showers. We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative and this enables us to improve the guest experience.
Also you mention the hostel is brand new which is a testament to the team there and how well they keep it as the hostel is actually over 10 years old.
We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on a weekend trip with friends. The hostel was friendly, comfortable with great facilities.
Unfortunately, the hostel was noisy on the night we stayed and I was awoken by slamming doors.
I would still recommend it as the facilities and location was great.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
SYHAHostelling, Public Relations Manager at Aviemore Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Hi trudit85
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us,Im pleased to see overall you found the hostel friendly and comfortable and we will have a look at your comments regarding the doors to see where we can maybe reduce the noise on closing.
Thanks Dan

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We visited the aviemore youth hostel while attending the 20th anniversary thunder in the glens rally and ride out.
It was not our first choice as we usually go for hotels but we started looking for accommodation in January 2016 and everywhere except the youth hostel was fully booked.
We were lucky they had a 4 bed dorm available so I bit their hand of and booked it.
Best move I have ever made, the hostel itself was not easy to find being right next to a Catholic church as you enter aviemore
Its fairly tucked away but only a few minutes walk away from the centre and all the action of thunder in the glens.
Good safe parking for our motor bikes, the reception staff were very pleasant and explained the facilities and after hours procedures, the public areas lounge, dining area and kitchen were immaculate and fairly modern.
The room we were given was clean and tidy, nice and quiet, I got a wee surprise as it had two sets of bunk beds but what the hey.
We had room 16 which is the closest one to the best shower I have ever experienced, spacious with awesome water pressure,
Toilets were clean and well looked after.
The hostel does have wi fi but it only works its best when you are in the lounge.
All and all we really enjoyed our stay in this peaceful hideaway
Far enough from all the live music and partying so you could drop out early and have a wee kip.
We would not even consider booking a hotel for thunder in the glens now in fact I returned back home today and managed to get the last room in the hostel for next year for thunder.
A big thank you to all the smiling friendly staff, I look forwards to seeing you all next year, keep up the good work guys.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
SYHAHostelling, Public Relations Manager at Aviemore Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Hi brusky12
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us.The thunder in the glens is a busy time for us all and its great to see you had an enjoyable experience at the hostel and will pass on your kind words to our hardworking staff.
We look forward to seeing you next year if not before.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stayed in a family room with two bunk beds. The room was quite small and basic and the showers were communal with two in a room. They provided us with lots of booklets about the area and had lots of discounts for activities. It was on a main road which wasn't too far from restaurants and a few shops. The wifi was good, however it was only available in reception and there was free parking. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
SYHAHostelling, Public Relations Manager at Aviemore Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Hi viruksen S,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us,Its great to see overall you had a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here a few weeks ago while I was participating in a nearby course. I enjoyed my stay with nice shower facilities and comfy beds (for a youth hostel anyway!). I enjoyed talking to many people who were also staying in the hostel as the communal dining and seating areas allowed me to do this. Kitchen facilities were of high standard with shelves to separate everyone's food.
Only issue really is the lack of sockets in the bedrooms as I bought an extension cable and if I hadn't not sure how we could have all charged our phones at night!
As a teenager staying in a youth hostel alone for the first time I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again (although probably for a shorter time) if I was to find myself in Aviemore again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
SYHAHostelling, Public Relations Manager at Aviemore Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Hi wonderlustkatie771
Thanks for your review we hope to welcome you back again.