“Great meal”

La Taverna
Ranked #13 of 66 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Great little Italian restaurant, staff friendly and cheerful.
Food for everyone was good at a reasonable price.
Well worth a visit ,can be very busy best book in advance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,779)

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

A lovely place to go for lunch, as our two grandsons love pizza as does our son, the menu had an excellent choice, but we decided on the buffet lunch, as pizzas were the order of the day for 3 of the 5 if us, and an excellent choice it was, 6-8 different pizzas to choose from, as well as various pasta and rice dishes, would definitely recommend it as it was definitely value for money.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This was our third holiday break to High Range Holiday Park and having teas at La Taverna.

The Italian Restaurant, under new management, is well run, the staff are friendly and helpful, and go about their job with a smile. While sitting at the bar having a drink I was impressed by the two bar-men, they were right on the ball with incoming drinks orders and making waiters and waitresses aware of anything that might have ran out, to give customers other options of choice.

We had the buffet, The food was brilliant, the different Pizzas, Pastas and Puddings on offer is enough to get the taste buds going.

Great attitude from the Staff and Great Food, and a lovely view from the outside tables. What a winner. I will be back to both La Taverna and Holidaying at High Range. Aviemore is a great place ❤

Reviewed 18 July 2018

I’d seen this place driving back from the Highland Wildlife Park to Nethy Bridge and thought that it looked interesting, after all “ALL YOU CAN EAT ITALIAN BUFFET” is a sentence that can make your stomach rumble just by looking at it. Who doesn’t love Italian food?

We had not thought anything of it until I’d called another, nearer venue and had overheard the person taking the booking being rude about us to a colleague, “Oh god, ANOTHER couple want dinner at 7 tonight. Well, they’re not getting that time, they’ll just have to come later”. Not really feeling like we would be welcome at the other venue, my mind went back to La Taverna. Why hadn’t I just booked this place in the first instance?

Making the reservation over the phone couldn’t have been easier. We were not made to feel like an inconvenience and I was pretty psyched to be getting knee deep in pasta and pizza.

The restaurant was as busy as you would expect an all-you-can-eat for £13.95 place to be BUT they never once compromised on attentiveness and service. I have had terrible service in venue which have had more staff and these guys were amazing.

Pasta and Pizza selection was pretty good, the macaroni was out of this world. I’m pretty fussy when it comes to macaroni but I actually had to go back for seconds and then thirds after I’d had my inclusive dessert - chocolate fudge cake.

I would definitely come back here again, maybe with stretchier trousers next time to accomodate for the all the pasta I was going to fill my face with. Don’t eat anything before coming here, you’ll regret it.

Place is easy to find, on the outskirts of Aviemore with ample parking, really kid friendly too - I can’t wait to come back!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This is a very busy restaurant, best to book, that does a good buffet style Italian food or you can order from a menu. It does get a bit cramped at times with a few kids running about but the service was good, the price was reasonable and it was clean. We would go again.