“Anniversary dinner celebration”

Old Bridge Inn
Ranked #11 of 65 Restaurants in Aviemore
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Old Bridge Inn, Aviemore, offers a roaring log fire and cheerful atmosphere along with excellent food and a fine selection of cask ales and malt whiskies. It has always been a favourite haunt for those who enjoy the outdoors, while friendly staff and locals always make you welcome.
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We had a three course meal to celebrate out anniversary. We pre-booked. The service was excellent the staff were very attentive and the good was superb. We will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Popped in for a drink. Didn't eat there as I had already eaten but the food looked delicious. The pub is nicely decorated with a relaxing atmosphere. There are games that you can use if you fancy scrabble or chess. Really nice.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This was our second visit, and what a let down compared to our first. Had high expectations after our last visit and was let down as soon as the meal arrived. There could possibly be a description of each dish on the menu to help people decide. Sea bream was served intact (head on) and my partner couldn't even look at it. She felt ill for quite a while.

1  Thank JET376
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Excellent all round with small but imaginative menu, especially good for steaks, of course! Must book in advance.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped at the old bridge inn for lunch while passing through aviemore. The main reason was that it was dog friendly. We sat in the bar which was a bit dark but clean and cosy. Water was out for the dog and there were board games for the children.
The menu was a bit dissqpointing and quite expensive for what it was I thought. I chose lamb kofta which came with a pita bread, tzatsiki and salad. The pita was so well toasted on one side that I couldn't get a knife through it, the salad looked like it was from a bag, the tzatsiki was tasty but the 2 kofta were terrible. There was no seasoning, no spices at all and one of them was raw on one corner.
I returned it to the bar where the barman was very apologetic and happily agreed to swap it for a bowl of soup for me.
The soup took so long to arrive that everyone else had finished eating by the time it came. The waiter was rude and told me that lamb is always served rare by his mitchelin trained chefs. I explained that I ran a food business myself and that minced meat should always be cooked through. If it was to be served rare both kofta would have a pink centre not a raw corner on 1 where it had obviously had no heat. He gave me a look of such contempt that I nearly asked him to take back the soup. The soup was ok but nothing special.
3 of the children had fish and chips which looked amazing and the kids were happy. The beetroot risotto was tasteless and the Philadelphia sub was greasy but tasty and seemed to be good value for money. All portions were small and expensive except the sub and the children's fish and chips.

The best bit was playing in the water of the spey after lunch at the wee beach. Next time I will bring a picnic and sit there weather permitting

1  Thank Emma B