Cairngorm Lodge Youth Hostel(Aviemore)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Restaurant
US$153
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$188
US$182
US$107
US$53
Hostelworld.com
Badaguish Wigwam & Campsite(Aviemore)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Free Internet
Priceline
Cairn Hotel(Carrbridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsaspects restaurantexecutive roomleisure centresauna and steam roombuffet breakfastweekend breakstayed here for two nightstea and coffeerestaurant staffspey valleyenjoyable stayplay areadb bfamily roomtwo night staygreat weekendporridge
Reviewed 29 January 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a one night stay, staff were very accommodating in allowing us to check in early. Room was very nice, with large comfortable bed. Found there to be a damp smell in some of the corridors. The pool area is fantastic, although unfortunately the sauna was out of order. The meal in the steakhouse was 5/5 and would highly recommend it! Finding reception was slightly confusing, due to there being so many buildings, felt that we could have been provided with a map of where everything was at some points! Overall had a great time and would certainly return.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and I pass on your lovely comments to the staff.

I will certainly look into the damp smell in the corridors and make sure this is addressed.

You will be pleased to hear that the Sauna is currently being fixed and we look forward to welcoming you again to make full use of the leisure facilities.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Our room was nice and very clean except the blanket on the end of the bed that was stained. The room had nice facilities but could do with some heating in the bathroom. Our room had a door that was obviously built as an a joining room which was not very sound proof, could hear the other guests almost word for word. The staff were nice and friendly. The food in the steak house was lovely, amazing soups. It was a great location for walking into the town, and visiting the many pubs and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay greatly, the hotel was nice and didn't really have an issues, other than the bathroom being cold. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie S

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay and that the food in the Steak House was amazing.

We are so lucky to be placed in the centre of the Cairngorm National Park and we agree that it is a great location.

I will pass on the issues with the heating and the blanket to the relevant departments.

I do hope that you will stay again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

We were ungraded to a executive room due to lack of double rooms. I would not have rated this as an executive room, although its appearance was very nice. Main heating was a convector heater that the maids put off any time they were in your room. The staff were very friendly and the food was good. On our last night there was a problem with the boiler and there was no hot water that evening or the next morning. My sister was kept up all night with a younger clientele partying all night.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Alison D

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I do apologise that the our boiler issues effected your stay, we tried hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

I will certainly speak to the housekeeping staff about turning the heating off when they are servicing the room.

I am pleased to hear that the staff were friendly and that you enjoyed our food, both of which we are very proud of.

I do hope that our friendly staff and good food will mean that we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Eletric heating in the room is terrible in one side of the bed, where heater was located, was roasting and other side was freezing.
Staff was not friendly at all, cleaner knocked the room door at 9:30am asking if we wanting the room to get cleaned, we said yes and her reply made us so uncomfortable feeling like we needed to leave right away otherwise she wouldn't clean later on. She took the floor towel in the bathroom and never replaced, didn't wash the cups or replaced the milk or toiletries facilities.
The bedding was ripped and looked very old, really bad for a 4star hotel;
Bathroom had no heating at all, it was a challenge to go for shower or even use the toilet as it was so cold in there we would prefer to use the hotel public toilet.
The only thing included in the hotel facilities is the swimming pool, we were advised by reception when we checked in that our child could use the soft play and we went there, was really good but then on second day staff told us we needed to pay £4 to use it, we explained about that to reception and they just said if you want to use it cost £4, the hotel website also states it is free for residents, so, I don't know why the sudden charge that didn't exist on first day( my child is 2years old) ;
The restaurant is shockingly terrible!! ***Please do not eat at the steakhouse!!***well Over priced plus terrible service!!!
When I checked out, staff didn't ask me if I had a good stay, I guess she wasn't bothered about me leaving either as her only reply when I gave her the card was :- "that is you done!" Which I found very rude for a 4star hotel receptionist , not even a have a safe journey home or I hope you enjoyed your stay .
There is a lot of other options of places to stay in Aviemore that will make you feel more welcome and make your holiday a lot more pleasant.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Ludkruger
General M, General Manager at Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

We always work hard to meet our guests expectations and I am sorry to hear that this is not the case with your stay.

Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and I will look into and address the issues that you have raised with the department managers involved.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly on lindsey.randall@macdonald-hotels.co.uk.

Lindsey Randall

Reviewed 10 January 2016 via mobile

Went here as my partner and I have stayed here before and were previously impressed.

First of all we got checked in easily, on the way to our room, the corridor smelled kind of damp. However, we reached our room which was clean and just as we had expected from the hotel.

Second, we decided to order room service. We called guest services to order our 2 steak sandwiches. We were asked whether we would like to pay by cash or card, I stated card as the cash I had on me was being kept for going out in the evening. Later on in the evening our food arrived, I greeted the woman at the door and took the tray of food. She asked me how I was paying, to which I stated that it was card, it also said this on the top of the bill she gave me. She told me she would have to go back to the restaurant to get the card machine as she didn't know I wanted to pay by card (even though it was written in capital letters on the bill on the tray). To save her time and to stop my dinner being interrupted, I payed by the cash in my purse. Not a major issue, just an inconvenience and bad organisation by the hotel. The food was cold by the time it got to us, however we were so hungry we decided that we would just eat it. The food was lovely, even though it was cold, we both did enjoy it.

We went to breakfast in the morning, which we were looking forward to as it was very nice the last time we stayed. It wasn't this time. We waited longer than necessary to be seated. There were plenty seats, just not enough people showing guests to their table. When we eventually got to our table, they were still setting it, so we went to get food while the waitress set our table and got us hot drinks. There were no plates so we had to wait for plates. The man doing the eggs then disappeared. Came back 5 minutes later and he served me my fried egg, which was perfectly cooked for me. My partner asked for one "sunny side up" to which he was told that he couldn't because they weren't cooked enough. He wasn't even asked if he would like to wait for one, just simply told no. Then we went to get some juice, to find there were no glasses! We went up 10 minutes later to find 2 glasses sitting on the side that looked clean so took them.

Very disappointed in the stay this time as it had previously been of a high standard, however, I don't know if I would be returning after this stay as it didn't seem quite up to scratch this time.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sureshot123

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with room service, please be assured that I will address this with the restaurant team.

I do apologise for any upset caused and hope we can welcome you back again.