“Lovely Food - Shame About the Service!”

The Kitchen Brasserie
Ranked #35 of 281 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$29 - US$49
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate at The Kitchen Brasserie tonight and despite eating delicious food I have left feeling aggrieved. I would love to give 5 stars but serving something not ordered is inexcusable! Hence the 3 stars.
We were welcomed warmly at the front door but our waitress didn’t rush to take our drink or food order. Finally I ordered Salmon Fishcake Sliders as a starter, a special of Wild Sea Trout for my main and a Galaxy Golden Egg Cheesecake for my dessert with no ice cream.
The fish cakes were really tasty but didn’t need the slider mini buns. My opinion but too much starch. But what really turned our meal from a good one to a not so good one was when the main course arrived. The waitress said here’s your salmon main. I said I ordered Wild Sea Trout. She said I’m sorry it’s my mistake this is Wild Sea Trout. I’m Scottish so when I started to eat my dish it became quite clear my fish was indeed Salmon. As it tasted good and I assumed they had run out of Wild Sea Trout so I didn’t say anything. Then when my dessert turned up it had ice cream on it. At least this time they took it away and my dessert returned without ice cream. I have to say the home maid cheesecake was more than yummy.
Anyway we paid our bill, including a full charge for my special of Wild Sea Trout which I didn’t receive. As we passed a diner on the way out I saw my main course with the elusive Wild Sea Trout. So no they hadn’t run out! This is not good service. I paid too much and did not get what I ordered.
What a shame. I now have to give a negative review for a lovely ambience and setting with delicious food purely based on the poor service and over charged bill.
Unhappy customer! If a mistake is made the staff should be honest and admit their mistake. Will I come back? Yes, but only because of the sublime cheesecake. Get the service right and I’d be a happy customer

1  Thank Catriona S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,072)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food reasonably priced with friendly service this restaurant is located very central to inverness.

1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Visited for early evening menu and good variety of choices. Starter of prawn kebab and chilli, flavours very good but prawns a little tough. Main of chicken and mushroom pie was a "deconstructed" pie. Some chicken and mushroom with a square of pastry on top. Wish restaurants would let you know if that's what they are serving in the description of dish. I was looking forward to a comforting pie (pastry all round!) Chicken was a bit overdone but again flavours were good. Staff very pleasant and helpful and price reasonable.

1  Thank maxtrip080
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for a light lunch and ended up having 2 courses. For 9.95 why not. Table we were sat at was not the best as it was right next to the service hatch. The green Thai curry is beautiful a must try. Food is responsible priced and restaurant has great views of the river ness.

1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We were a party of 12 who thoroughly enjoyed their meal in this restaurant. The food was well cooked, the service was competent, friendly and competent. Thank you very much for a enjoyable evening

2  Thank RobinM3421