Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
  • Restaurant
US$288
US$258
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$328/night.

US$155
    US$137
    US$126
    Travelocity
    Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

All reviewsstayed here for one nightcity centregreat locationbiscuitsthe rivertea coffee facilitiestwin roomreasonable sizeporridgeenjoyed our stayyogurtfew minutes walktour of scotlandstreet parkingquiet locationwarm welcomebed and breakfast
    Reviewed 3 November 2016

Needed a place to crash for an early train so decided to book in here. The whole place could do with a bit of a revamp, decor a bit dated & all the white woodwork is in need of a repaint as are the ceilings in bedroom 4.All that aside, the bed linen was clean, the bed surprisingly comfy. Shower wored OK. Double glazed windows kept out any noise. Toiletries provided which is somewhat surprising at the price. TV good, wifi reception excellent. 10 minute slow stroll to the station & town centre & within 5 minutes of a couple of really interesting looking resaurants on the same side of the river as the guest house. Will try them next visit. I don't think I would spend a week here but for one or twwo nights it ticks most of the boxes.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
    Reviewed 18 October 2016

It is conveniently located near to the city centre and the rooms are okay. Although the room I was in had a sprung bed and it creaked even with the slightest movement so for any couples with ideas of a little romance forget it! Other than that the room was spacious enough and the bathroom was adequate although the toilet had not been flushed! The major disappointment was the cooked breakfast not very nice at all but I did enjoy the haggis. For the money I guess it's okay but I couldn't sleep in that bed again. Can't remember the room number but it was over looking the main street above the dining room.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
    Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Armadale is located a couple of blocks from the riverfront, within walking distance of a couple nice pubs and restaurants. Street is very tight, if your side mirrors fold in it's a good idea to do so. Innkeeper is very pleasant and eager to assist with any problem. It's an older building, and there are not many outlets in the room. My wife and I both use CPAP machines, and the owner immediately fixed us up with a power strip and extensions. Bathroom a little small, but OK. Breakfast was very well done--continental type stuff, as well as the standard Scottish breakfast available.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 August 2016

This hotel is situated in proper place for visiting Inverness. The Staff(Naim) was very friendly! Room was very clean and equiped with all facilities( in the bathroom we appreciated the high quality hygiene products. We enjoyed the asian cuisine smell:) The hotel offer proper parking on the street across the street. Also, for those who are addicted to Wi-fi.. the network is very good:) I recommend it for quality/price! For improvments we suggest to offer posibility to controle the temperature(even if was august, our room temperature over the night was <10 degrees:D). Ahhh, another plus was that even we arrieved early ( the checkin is >2 PM) , our room was ready and we were welcomed.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
    Reviewed 13 May 2016

This is a small Victorian house with several floors and well run by a delightful and friendly young couple. I chose it as it was close to the centre albeit on the other side of the river from the main area of Inverness it is quiet and easy to get to centre via foot bridge at the bottom of the road. It is also easy to get there by car. I was not sure about parking although it is easy you have to park on single yellow lines and usually you can get a space. They seem not to worry about this. I am not good at parking although I managed it did not really suit me. However it is a quiet road and further up there is a usual Spar shop on the other side of the approach road. It is a nicely kept house but i think my single room could have been planned better as although adequate a single bed would have been better with more room for a chest of drawers or single wardrobe perhaps. There was a very good hanging shelf though and a chair and they were generous with biscuits milk bottled water and toiletries which you do not expect to get in a smaller b and b. My room was not ensuite and the shower room was down one small staircase overlooking the hall which was not ideal. Think most of the other rooms are en suite, The wifi worked very well so did the TV and the bed very comfortable although I would have been happy with a single there was plenty of room for my luggage. The breakfast was quite good for the price although I would have preferred the website booking com had indicated it was room only as usually in UK the prices include breakfast and this was not made clear. There was a good choice of cereals, yoghurts fruit and two fruit juices. The cooked breakfast either full or veggie was good and there was a choice of eggs too. I have had more choice in a larger place with rooms about the same price in Scotland but this is a good basic and clean guest house well run and very friendly.

Room Tip: perhaps one of the others en suite.
    • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo