US$160
US$256
US$212
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$270/night.

US$277
US$230
Kingsmills Hotel(Inverness)
US$226
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

US$286
Cancelon
US$252
getaroom.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewshot tubdecadent roomturn down serviceboutique hotelsouffledouble showerpure luxurycar parkcoffee machinelovely bathroomroom numbercooked to perfectionlittle touchesfollowing morningtown centrestayed for one nightloch ness
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Up in Inverness for an overnight stay and had a first time visit to the Rocpool Reserve and I had a great stay. Check in was quick and easy and the hotel is tastefully decorated throughout. Room was spacious and the bed was super comfortable. The hotel has a formal dining room serving a'la carte but also has a bar restaurant serving bar meals which is great to have the choice. I ate in the bar and it was delicious. Breakfast was really good in the morning , in fact I would say it's the best breakfast I've had at hotels so far and the coffee was amazing, top marks. The staff were super friendly and very efficient. I enjoyed my stay immensely and hope to be back. Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Trip Advisor community.

Your wonderful comments with regards to the food and service are very much appreciated and the fact that your stay leads to wanting a return is very positive with regards to what we have to offer in the way of accommodation, cuisine and service as a whole.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Just back from an overnight stay which surpassed our expectations. When we booked the hotel we had high expectations, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Being met by Natalie at the front door of the hotel was an extremely nice touch. She provided a very pleasant check in service and showed us to our room which was special. Whilst the room was beautiful we had expressed a wish for an upgrade, this was dealt with very professionally and we were accommodated very quickly.
Food and service was exceptional and I guess what you would expect in a Roux establishment.
Some very minor problems with the bill at checkout, caused by my honesty. As with the rest of our stay this was handled professionally and didn't detract from the overall terrific experience.
Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review you've taken the time to leave with regards to your Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux experience.

We want nothing more than all our guests to enjoy their time with us, and I'm very happy you're reporting that this was the case. Your generous words for the service you received from Natalie is most appreciated and I'll be sure to pass this on.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

We have stayed overnight in Inverness many, many times but this was our first stay at Rocpool and it will not be our last. From the moment we entered the hotel until we left we were treated exceptionally well. The staff were hugely attentive and genuinely appeared to show they cared about our well being. We did not have dinner but our breakfast was wonderful. All parts of the hotel was kept to a high standard and our 'Chic' room was very well appointed. We walked into the town centre which only took about 10 minutes. Thank you Rockpool staff and hope to see you again soon.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank merchant
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review with regards to your stay with us at Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux.

We are fortunate enough to have many guests that return time upon time and it is always welcoming and a sense of achievement when they return. It is pleasing to read that your first visit won't be your last and you're hoping to visit again soon.

I'll look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to the second we left, the service was absolutely impeccable. We stayed in room ten and it was beautiful. The hot tub was brilliant and the bed was huge and very comfortable. We ate at Chez Roux and the food was very good, the staff were knowledgeable and once again the service was perfect. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Rocpool-Inverness, General Manager at Rocpool Reserve hotel & Chez Roux, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lovely comments for the stay you've had with us at Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux.

The team wish nothing more than for each of our guests to have a wonderful experience. Your feedback suggests this has been the case and I'll make sure to share this with the team.

I hope you're able to visit in the near future for a similar, if not better experience.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We arrived to find so many award signs at the front of hotel and were excited

I had upgraded my booking to a room with a hot tub

Was shown to the wrong room, the staff member did not know how the gas fire in that room worked and knew nothing about my upgrade

She later found out there had been a computer problem

The room we did upgrade to had a great hot tub and small sauna

We really enjoyed our time in the hot tub

The room was not five star, far from that. Lamps with shades that were wonky, wooden surfaces all scratched and messy, wardrobe was also wonky, its doors did not shut properly.

Throughout the hotel wooden surfaces were scratched and messy , worn carpets, broken tiles on entrance steps

The hotel needs some TLC and was not five star in its fixtures and decor

We ate dinner.

My starter, a meat dish was served cold. Looked good and had lots of constituent parts so I asked the waiter to tell me what the parts of the dish were ( normally one is told that when the dish is brought to the table) . The manager came after a very long wait and I asked him if the dish was served cold, it was supposed to be hot.

It tasted poor and I was given a soup which was great . My main , a ribeye steak was very tough and for the first time ever in a Resturant I did not finish the steak . I asked for vinegar for the chips, it took an age to arrive and I had, by then finished my meal. I later heard the manager criticising his staff for that, even though I did not complain about the vinegar, but I did tell the manager the food served was the worst we had had in our four day gourmet tour of the Caingorms, we had had wonderful food elsewhere, especially at The Boath House Hotel

When we left next day the same manager was churlish , refused to ask if we had enjoyed our stay, and did not wish us a safe journey. Clearly one us not allowed to complain at this hotel

We only stayed one day , but the service was terrible really and the hotel is very tired and is NOT five star in any way

Room Tip: No idea , saw two rooms first room was called decadent, that is not correct at all
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Rodney_C667

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Rocpool Reserve and Chez Roux.

I am of course saddened by the content of your review and apologise that we were not up to your standards. However, using your valuable feedback, I intend to review some aspects you’ve noted and use these comments to Rocpool’s advantage. One aspect being with the upgrading system we use. Although you applied for the upgrade via our partnering system with short notice to your arrival, we should have picked up on this request and either accepted or denied it. You received neither because, as I say, we hadn’t picked up on this. A review of the process we currently follow will be looked at in order to better this service. I do of course apologise for this oversight and inconvenience.

We are very passionate and proud of the cuisine we offer our dear guests. Any comment is taken very seriously and the night you dined was no different. Between our Head Chef and my Management team, they were to take on board your feedback, investigate and conclude that the food was to the appropriate standard. Again, my sincere apologies that it wasn’t to yours.

Lastly, we are equally proud of our 5-star status, and only last week were we to receive notification of retaining our 5 stars with Visit Scotland after a secret inspection, and there was the same outcome when AA visited some months ago.

Although my team wished your stay to be a positive one and attempted to make it that way, my apologies once more for not being able to satisfy you on this occasion.