US$167
US$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$278
US$180
US$170
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$256
US$212
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

US$307
US$104
  • Restaurant
US$329
Cancelon
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2013

While camping in the Isle of Skye, our tent was ruined by the wind, sleeping bags were wet, towels were dripping, clothes and shoes were soaked, force us had to find an alternative accommodation then look for a new tent.
Arrived in Inverness, lucky to found Strathisla B&B, the owners let us dry our sleeping bags and champing things in their glass room (rain all day), they even put our clothes and towels in their washing machine to spin.
Next morning, we had a great breakfast, really enjoyed it. After we had checked out, they still let our clothes and other things to dry outside while we went to buy a new tent. We four Danish boys cannot thank them enough, they made us feel like at home and been well looked after!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kurk G
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Had a little accident when I drove up to Inverness from Edinburgh during a thunderstorm. Unfortunately, I forgot to phone the hotel that I had booked, as I was an hour late the hotel had re-let my room to someone else. I drove and walk around Inverness looking for a vacancy for at least an hour, but no joy, either full or no single room. Finally, arrived at the door steps of Strathisla, they took me in, gave me a double room and only charged me a single room price. It was nearly dark and I was desparate, they can charge me any price I'll still pay for it, but they didn't. They are sympathetic and helpful. I had a restful night sleep and ready to get on the road again the next day. I'm still very grateful for their kindness.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zoe T
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Arrived with my dad on our bikes in the rain at 3pm, we were dried and clean-up and out to the city to explore in less than half an hour. The owners were very welcoming and gave us many info.
The room is clean, have nice TV, comfy bed and deco, not en-suite but has a good wash-hand basin. Breakfast was simple but just what we needed! Ideal!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Almondo M
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The accomodations were fine and the bed was comfortable. The room was a bit cold. The bathroom is down a few stairs but I didn't find this to be a problem. The limited shower times do create a problem in the morning when multiple guests are trying to get ready in two hours. I rushed showers before the nighttime cutoff to avoid the morning traffic jam.

The breakfast was so-so. It was hearty and fine but nothing exceptional.

However, I will say, I did get an odd vibe from the whole experience. We had not read tripadvisor beforehand so reading it now was like an "aha" moment. These other reviews reminded me that my gut is pretty spot-on. As exaggerated as some reviews may seem, having stayed here, I can believe they are true.

I felt like an intruder in a private home, rather than a paying guest at a B&B. There was a feeling that we needed to be invisible as we came and went. As an adult, the host waiting up for every night and appearing at the door out of nowhere was off-putting. Also, we never saw his wife though we heard her. That made us a bit uncomfortable when we were clearly staying in their family home (unlike other B&Bs where you are separated from the living space). We were aware of the family hours before our trip and respected these times. However, it did make it quite inconvenient when we forgot things at our room or wanted to drop things off.

He did tend to ramble which we attributed to quirkiness (hey, we're all unique). However, his rambling sometimes bordered on offensive and opinionated, two things you don't really want to encounter during a leisurely vacation.

I would say the price in the area was not a steal and I would seek other accomodations. Even though we did not experience anything close to other reviewers I would not stay again. The last thing I want is to go on vacation and feel uncomfortable.

Inverness, however, was amazing and really worth the visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoBrendel82
Reviewed 7 August 2012

had an err interesting B and B experience Strathisla, Crown, Inverness on Thurs. Had booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for the Moy games from the link on their site. Arrived on the thurs pm, rooms small and dated but clean. given code for door, came back very late as had fish to collect etc, went to enter code but door opened by owner who had waited up for us. He demanded payment accusing us of planning...to do a runner first thing the next morning?? as they didn't take cards or cheques and i didn't have all the cash, he refused to let us stay. He kicked us out at midnight despite having booked 2 nights and offering my handbag and phone as security till I went and got the cash out. So i spent thurs night sleeping in my van with a lobster suit for a sleeping bag and my tablecloth as a blanket!! shocking highland welcome! we were polite, were clearly working, smartly dressed etc

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business