“Overpriced less than average food ”
Review of Shapla

Shapla
Ranked #109 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel as a couple. We found staff unfriendly. The owner was least interested in good service like rest of his staff.

I am originally from Bombay/Mumbai. We are very proud of Food culture and we call Bombay as Food capital of India.

We ordered Paneer shashleek and naan. Both came burnt. I politely told waiter to give us another naan as this one was properly burnt. The owner cane back to us saying if we bake it less it will be raw. I insisted on another one which he brought reluctantly.

We tried fish biryani too. I was expecting Indian fish but it was haddock. I was warned about it though as I asked them which fish they use.

Overall service we felt poor and food was less than average and overpriced.

Over next few days we tried George’s Thai and South Indian food. We found food was much better than Shapla.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I have just visited this restaurant i found the food terrible. I have loved indian food for many years and found this food terrible greasy and service was not great either.

1  Thank Vince M
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I have eaten at Shapla for several years, and thouroughly enjoyed the food there. I love their lamb and chicken tika (my personal favorites), so moist and tasty. I always have tika, and therfore unable to comment on other dishes.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

It's a stunning riverside location, but they exploit that fact.

Very average food, too much onion with the starter, a sheesh kebab and the main course (a chicken tikka chilli masala) the same, too much onion and just a thick tasteless 'gravy' with onions and very little to make comment on. I ate the chicken, not all of that and the sauce was frankly awful.

Service was abrupt, not overly friendly and the price was much higher than expected.

Won't make a return visit, just not good value, good atmosphere or good food.

1  Thank Martyn M
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

We picked up this place randomly because it was near our hotel. There was not a lot of people there, weekday evening, and the welcome and service were nice.
All the food was tasty and in enough quantity.
Have been in better Indian restaurants, but this is an interesting option.