“It was nice but nothing special”
Review of Scotch & Rye

Scotch & Rye
Reserve with TopTable
Scotch & Rye is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 271 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here yesterday with my husband for dinner. We didn’t have a reservation, the staff were very friendly and said they’d find us somewhere soon. So we had a drink and waited. Took about 20mins for a table to become available which isn’t too bad for a busy place on a Saturday night.

Once seated and given menus it took the waitress around 20 mins to come and take our order, even a drinks order.

I ordered the jalapeño and guacamole burger. It was ok, the toppings were nice but the meat itself disappointing. Nothing wrong with it but it was quite tough and reminded me of a cheap pub burger not a gourmet burger as is implied. I also had a side of coleslaw which really wasn’t nice at all. When you pay £2/3 for coleslaw I usually expect home made but this tasted like something bought at the cash and carry.

Overall a good bar, some fun cocktails and wide selection of drinks, nice decor etc... but the quality of the food let it down. I’m not slating it, it’s not terrible just for the price I expected a bit better.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch,haggis popcorn, nachos & beef burger. Food was delicious especially the burger.
Great atmosphere. Staff were friendly. Highly recommend & will definitely be back

Hannah M, Guest Relations Manager at Scotch & Rye, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

It's great to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and I will pass on your kind comments to staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon. :)

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

was here recently with Mrs & daughter. very nice place & very nice staff! Me and Mrs ordered different burgers which were good...sweet potato fries were awesome. Only criticism is the pulled pork could have done with maybe some BBQ sauce or something as it was a bit dry.

Overall nice place and will likely return.

Hannah M, Guest Relations Manager at Scotch & Rye, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent meal at Scotch and Rye and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon! :)

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Last night, a group of 6 of us dropped in on this place, hoping they were still serving food. And its safe to say, we're so glad they were.
The menu is predominantly burgers, but my - what a selection they have, in a variety of sizes, with endless choices of toppings and fillings! There was so much that took our fancy it was hard to decide on just one. It was nice to see multiple veggie burger options as well.
The burgers were all delicious, and it was obvious that the meat was of good quality. A couple of us ordered the 24oz-ers with side orders, and yet we all still managed to clear our plates - which is testimony to the quality of the food. To accompany the burgers, there was a vast range of beers, of which the waiter was clearly very knowledgeable. Huge burgers, side orders, desserts and endless drinks still worked out at around £30 per person, so it's really quite reasonable as well.
However, I must say, the icing on the cake was the attentive, friendly staff. We spent much of the evening having a laugh with one of the waiter's in particular, and we wanted for nothing.
We expected not much more than a pub dinner and instead had a brilliant time, nearly expiring our 3-hour parking ticket. Highly recommend.

Hannah M, Guest Relations Manager at Scotch & Rye, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such an amazing review!

It's great to read that you enjoyed your recent meal with us and our selection of burgers. I will pass your kind comments on to staff.

Hopefully we can welcome you all back soon to try some more burgers and perhaps a cocktail or two :)

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Thank you G for making our first night in Inverness so memorable. Your cocktail recommendations were spot on! Loved the coconut mojitos. Good luck with the wedding!

Hannah M, Guest Relations Manager at Scotch & Rye, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your night at Scotch and Rye and I will pass on your kind comments to staff.

Hopefully we can welcome you back on your next visit to Inverness.