“2 visits in a week - evening meals”

Ben Nevis Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the centre of Fort Wiliam's pedestrianised High Street, The Ben Nevis Bar and Restaurant is one of Fort William's best pubs serving fresh locally sourced food all day and a terrific range of local beers, whisky's and Gins. We stock 3 regular cask-conditioned ales from The Hanging Tree Brewery at Drumnadrochit. Our outside deck offers amazing views of Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour Hills and is a great place to hang out on a sunny evening. Fresh home made seafood dishes,home-made burgers and a freshly-prepared, healthy side salad... We do great Thai curries according to some of our local regulars!
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Lovely food and such friendly staff. Everyone working so hard during these difficult times to make customers feel valued.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,129)

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

It's a nice space, the service was good but the food was less than disappointing. In particular, fish and chips was almost in inedible. It does, however, have a good selection of beers

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Very good food, some gluten free options, very hearty portions (great post hiking if you've just finished West Highlands Way). Staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend.

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

I’d pestered my husband to rearrange our restaurant bookings while we were here so we could eat here on Saturday for the “Seafood Saturday” “from the pier to the pan as fast as we can”. What a terrible choice. After eating at Browns two nights ago which has the most AMAZING mussels I ordered the mussels for a starter (locally sourced) to be told there were none left! So I then ordered the crab and cray fish timbale and it was ok but unseasoned. My husbands Cajun chicken was really good though. For the “fresh” “Seafood Saturday” dish I chose the seafood curry which was described to me as mussels, calamari and other seafood in curry with rice and flat bread. The other seafood turned out to be processed crab sticks!! Neither fresh or from any pier!! I was appalled! I sent this back as the other seafood was not as described and the “curry” tasted unlike any other I’ve ever had (and not in a good way) I was surprised to find “locally sourced” mussels in there while there were none left for the starter! My husbands dish was slightly better but had under seasoned, tasteless macaroni, bland coleslaw and the “Nevis dirty fries” have squeezy cheese on them, not melted cheese or any type of natural soft cheese!! The brisket was soft, tasty and well flavoured although there were pieces of fatty material that we didn’t eat. The highlight was our waiter Michael who looked after us so we’ll when he could see things were going wrong.
I will not be going back here.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 29 May 2021

Great food and cocktails and if you can get a table on the deck great views . Staff helpfully and proper menus