“Wow - Cafe Mango gets better and better”
Review of Cafe Mango

Cafe Mango
Ranked #32 of 70 Restaurants in Fort William
Price range: US$10 - US$36
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Mango, Fort Williams first Thai and Indian restaurant provides a new and exciting taste of Asia bringing together the flavours of different continents. Cafe Mango situated in the centre of Fort William High Street opened in October 2010 and this can be seen through the fresh, stylish and contemporary interior. The restaurant is set over two floors and provides the ideal location, whether its buisness, pleasure or a special occasion.
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

It is a while since I have eaten in Cafe Mango and I was blown away.

I usually take the Green Thai curry but went red for a change. What a delight.

Service brilliant and good craic with the chef too. Add Jungle Curry to the menu and I go to six stars.

A little bit of paradise in the north west.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We went in the evening and had the set menu. The two ladies working there were clearly disinterested and our arrival was inconvenient in some way.

The prawns in the first entree tasted weird and, although clearly they are never going to be fresh given the location, actually worse than frozen prawns from Tesco.

By this point we were sure the main had to be better, we were so very, very, wrong.

The curry came after a long wait and there was zero integration between the chicken and the sauce, meaning there was basically boiled chunks of chicken in the sauce which tasted almost wet but had no taste. The sauce itself was on par with a shop bought jar.

When we went to pay the waitress asked how it was, we told her in a very friendly way that the curry was not the best and how it could be improved, she looked very irritated; didn't say anything and took our money. The atmosphere was positively icey. A shame because we were genuinely trying to be helpful and improve the business.

The naan and whiskey were the only two decent parts, thus the one star.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

As we didnt want pub grub or fast food, we tried this place. It looked nice.
The service was polite but hurried. As soon as you put your cutlery down they were lifting our plates and had to be told once that we werent finished. I felt a bit uncomfortable with the staff watching and approaching our table so much and the random man hanging about at the kitchen door was a bit off putting.
The food was poor. The only flavour in our watery, gravy like sauce was of cayenne pepper. I dont believe the cook is skilled in Indian cooking at all. The Gulab Jamuns we had for dessert were tepid at the ends and stone cold in the middle.
I was shocked to find a grubby looking high chair being stored in the one toilet available, propped against the wall next to the hand drier, along with a hoover and mop!!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

We stopped here for dinner late on a Thursday night and after our initial nice welcome the evening went down hill which was a shame as the place looked nice. One of our party ordered the king prawn starter which was in fact very small ordinary prawns. My chicken curry was not very appetising at all. The service was very good but sadly our experience was not a particularly good one, sorry.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I have ate here before with a friend at dinner time and we loved it, service was great and the food!
We went in a few days ago for the lunch they do, 3 courses for 12.95.
Upon entering there was two girl staff members sitting at a table on their phones. When one of them finally stood up to seat us, there was no enthusiasm at all. Then what looked like either the owner or chef, maybe both came out from back of house, in jeans and a t shirt stood there looking at us uncomfortably for about thirty seconds and I was ready for walking out.
We got seated, the menu wasn't explained to us, and it took us a while to figure out where the fixed lunch menu was kept... right at the last page. When we wanted to order, once again the girl was sitting at the table with her colleague on her phone.
She finally came to take our order, when someone else came in to be seated she left our table mid order! Absolutely disgraceful! Next time try simply saying to the new guests, 'Hi there, I'll just be right with you'!
Food tasted good, really small portions but what can you expect for 12.95?
Service has to be improved, me and my friend are both in the hospitality business and understand it can be hard to find enthusiasm, but you need to or you're in the wrong industry.

I will most likely visit again, however if things have not improved we will find elsewhere to eat.

1  Thank RomeoTango98