All reviews best western hotel executive room cosy bar four poster bed central location town centre high street cooked breakfast short stay an overnight stay single room couple of nights train station stayed for one night bed and breakfast biscuits tea and coffee
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Just spent a weekend here, first room we got was cold, tired looking and the bed was like lying on a wire mesh basket... But they gave us another room no bother, the staff were really helpful. We also had food in 2 of the 3 restaurants which was really nice too.....

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2016

This week I booked a room at this hotel on winter special offer for £37.07. I drove all the way from Blackpool, almost 300 miles, took 6 hours. On the way I enjoyed the sceneries specially after Erskine bridge, snow covered mountains and beautiful views of lochs - absolutely breathtaking! Easily found the hotel, situated between the Loch Linnhe promenade and Town centre. There was just 10 parking bays available for the 36 room hotel, luckily when I arrived at 5 pm I found a space.
On my arrival, hotel's Marketing Manager Mr. Mahajan chaired the reception and warmly welcomed. Actually I booked a single room, as per my diamond status, upgraded to a double room. He said its a spacious large room. But honestly he acknowledged this room don't have any views and the hotel is fully booked therefore unable to allocate a room with views. I thought all the way I enjoyed eyeful of natures beauties and feel so tired after the long drive, accepted what he gave. My room number 6 in first floor, hotel's odd floor plan first confused me. Hotel don't have lift facilities.
When I reached the room I really shocked about the size! He told it is a large room but just a double bed and small sitting space only there! Bathroom with showers also compact sized. I thought this is the size of "large room", then how about the single room? I realised whatever the money I paid this is fine. TV mounted top of the wardrobe with 10 or so basic channels only. Bed and pillows are medium comfort. Pleasant surprise, a welcome fruit platter, tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits - only great things about the room. Wifi easily connectable and speedy. Bathroom spotlessly clean.
I had my dinner at the hotel's restaurant Rio Pizzeria. Actually it's an Italian restaurant. On my arrival welcomed by attentive staffers and got the order. I preferred soup of the day - chicken soup - £3.95, main Sirloin steak medium grilled £16.95. Soup is fine, Steak not perfectly matured. Maybe my fault ordered steak at an Italian restaurant. Staffers friendly and attentive.
Breakfast served at the same place, continental buffet available, cooked breakfast served on request. I preferred full English, served accordingly within 5 minutes. Tea/coffee, juices, fruits available. Again attentive staffers.
Big trouble all over the night. I watched TV until 10 pm and try to sleep. Oh, until 1 pm people going up and down, talking along the corridor, everything clearly heard! No sound proof at all. After 1 finally I slept, but again early morning same happened and woke up. Better anyone booking this hotel avoid room number 6 AT ANY COST, it's worth for a peaceful nights sleep!
Free newspaper (I preferred Sunday Telegraph), complement shaving kits etc some good touch.
Check out done smoothly. If I got a good room in this hotel, my views maybe different, however this is what I experienced.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Prem K
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel was amazing had room 20 it was awesome with a jacuzzi which I have never used in my life till now brilliant. Room was big warm clean couldn't ask for better. Had breakfast great variety to choose from would recommend this hotel. Staff very friendly would go back happy customer

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I was in a single rooms that was small but adequate - good shower/bath. Bed and room was comfortable. Be aware that some rooms are two or thee floors up with no lift. Breakfast was the usual but generous. Staff friendly enough.
There are some good deals to be had here making this place good value for money. It is well run and a pleasant place to stay.There is nothing outstanding or memorable about this place but nor can I find nothing detrimental or bad to say about it either.

Room Tip: Possibly rooms on lower floors overlooking water
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

The staff are very helpful and attentive . Stayed in room 8 , the springs were coming through the mattress and you could hear every movement from the guest in room 7 as well as the loud t.v so lack of sleep didn't help . There was no food on menu for anyone with wheat and gluten tolerance problems and the chicken korma I did eat was very hot ! Not what a korma should be and the chicken was hard so never again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business