“Good food, great service”
Review of The Pancake Place

The Pancake Place
Ranked #57 of 83 Restaurants in Elgin
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: A wide selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner options, served to your table in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The food was very good but did take quite a while to come out. Some of the staff were questionable, but Douglas Miller was outstanding. He was so good we had to ask his name to make sure we mentioned him personally. He was very helpful, especially with our little girl. Good job, Douglas. If I had a business in the area I'd try to poach him to work for me.

3  Thank ravensoak

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I quite liked The Pancake Place but recently it has gone quickly downhill.

I waited 25 minutes today for food and when I asked where my order was I was given the excuse that "the machine hadn't registered your order." I didn't give my order to a machine. I gave it to the table boy. The same table boy that laughed with another member of staff when a woman left leaving her meal untouched after she'd already sent it back for being cold.

I've waited for more time than is reasonable for my food before in The Pancake Place but this time really was beyond a joke. I'm sure this review and my obvious displeasure in the restaurant will give the staff in The Pancake Place a great laugh just like the woman who showed her displeasure minutes before me did.

I'd advise anyone reading to avoid this place, which is a shame because it was once a great place to eat. Terrible staff and lukewarm food appears to be the main thing on the menu here.

2  Thank Waal B
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Absolute rubbish just a pile of mess with quarter tomatoes never ever again will I go here for that rubbish

1  Thank Caz Y
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Nearly £9 for a pancake with jam and butter and a cappuccino.
Total rip off.
Surroundings are tired and could do with freshening up.
No larking.

1  Thank Speysider59
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Great little cafe with fab menu, the pancakes are huge and the soup delicious. The coffee was the best we've had in Scotland!

1  Thank Julia M