“Breakfast”
Review of The Pancake Place

The Pancake Place
Ranked #57 of 83 Restaurants in Elgin
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Description: A wide selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner options, served to your table in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We wanted a light breakfast, so ignored pancakes as too expensive. There was a deal on tea and rolls, so that's what we ordered. Scrambled eggs were too dry. Bacon ok. It all turned up quite quickly. So I was able to avoid a half hour parking ticket. Would we go again? No.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

Nothing fancy but good for a fairly cheap, comfort food, lunch! Staff take time to ensure meal is to your satisfaction. Service is quick too.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I visited this place with my family and we sat down to a dirty table of which we had to ask the waitress to clean, we then ordered a coffee to start and said we will order food afterwards, the waitress then proceeded to say "can you please order drinks and food together or not at all" so we have a look at menu and did just that.
What came to our table was an abomination of cold centers to ice-cream that had already completly melted making all around it soggy,
Anyway we said we are not going to make a big deal so I got up to pay and leave via the restroom,
My finding in here were vile, clogged toilets, urine all over the floor and a rotten smell,

We left promptly and will never return and I implore you to do the same.

1  Thank marc b
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Previous visits here have been good but last time not so. Staff could not care about customers. Food arrived after 30 minutes. I ordered Panini and cold baquette arrived. When I questioned this was told the menu said our Paninis are cold Baquettes. Getting on in years but I can still read a menu and did not find this to be so on menu. Brie was cold and still had skin on. Reason I ordered Panini was so filling would be hot. Cranberry sauce was just dolloped on top of Baquette. Looked like they were trying to hide Brie skin and far too much of it. Partner ordered Chicken Curry pancake and is was cold. Waited to pay bill whilst cashier and other member of staff discussed their week end. Really disappointed at demise of this place and def won't be back.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Visited here on Saturday morning, it was bitterly cold outside but we received a warm welcome inside.
Quick and cheerful service and served a good breakfast.
Just what we needed. Will visit again next time we are in Elgin.