Lochinvar Guest House
Shawlee Cottage(Chapelhall)
Craigpark House(Caldercruix)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewspot of tealog cabinscottish salmoncomfy bedcourse dinnerbreakfast choicesroom was largehot tubfree wifiyogurtlyndachaletmotorway
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I have stayed twice at Lochinvar in the last couple of months. Once as a solo traveller for work purposes and once with my wife and our dog.

It is no surprise that the guest house run by Lynda and her family has great reviews. It is fantastic.

Upon arrival, the welcome from Lynda is warm and the offer of tea/coffee and a snack, after a long drive, is very thoughtful. The room was large, with a comfy bed and nice powerful shower and tea and coffee facilities.

Breakfast was great, plenty of choice and can be ordered for a particular time which is good for business travellers.

If in the area, I would highly recommend this stay near Airdrie. I will certainly be staying there when next in the area on business.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I chose this B&B as it was half way between two dog shows. I stayed in the chalet which looked quite small from the outside but is a lot bigger once inside. It has a double bed, small kitchen facilities and a living room area with 2 chairs. It's great to have your own front door when staying with dogs. I had a very friendly welcome from Lynda. The chalet is lovely and cosy - as with most wooden buildings it can become cold at night but there are heaters which warm it up nicely. I slept really well as it was nice and quiet, yet only 10 minutes from the motorway. The wifi was of good quality and a good speed.

Room Tip: The chalet is a lovely space
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Only had one nights stay but room was warm and comfortable. Breakfast was exceptional and the hosts were most welcoming and accommodating. Great for dogs too. Would definitely go back and thoroughly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Spent one night at the Lochinvar B&B and I'm not surprised of the high score given on TripAdvisor. The welcome from Lynda was lovely, location is excellent with beautiful views. The room was large with comfy beds and tea and coffee facilities. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice. If I'm ever in that location again wouldn't hesitate booking another night or too.”

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2017

We chose this B&B as we needed accommodation for a few nights to attend a family funeral and used TripAdvisor to find it. Linda met us with a cheery hello showed us our lovely ensuite room and then brought us a pot of tea with cakes. The breakfast choice is fantastic as are the evening meals, GBP 15 for 2 courses and GBP 20 for 3 courses with tea or coffee. The food was excellent and if all B&Bs were this well organised and friendly the world would be a better place.

Room Tip: All rooms have country views, you might even see the deer roaming in the fields like we did.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple