eDreams
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2020

This was a several days booking that couldn't have been more successful. The location next to Scone Palace is perfect for a wide variety of pursuits. The modern architecture sits well in the landscape and offers 21st century comfort. Acres of easy parking. The attention to clients by the extremely helpful and hard working staff and management, second to none. We were made feel like true VIP'S throughout our stay by the attentions of John and young Ewan, thank you! Will highly recommend, will use again and wish them a brilliant future. Last but not least, must mention their superb restaurant, even as a destination on its own. We have been coming to Perth for business for many years, sometimes staying at much more "starred" establishments, but our dinners at The Lodge are now at the top of our list of "happy eating" memories. Thank you Chefs, and so was the stay itself.
Trust this review, I am demanding, hard to please, grumpy customer!!

Room tip: With pets, downstairs, no pets, perhaps upstairs.
Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank oldseamill
Reviewed 23 February 2020 via mobile

Once we found the hotel, (windy and rainy) what a fantastic hotel!,,, first the greeting from the reception,so warm and friendly, and of course helpful.
The room, looked new, really nice and warm, and cosy.
The only problem was trying to fill the kettle, very hard to do with out spilling the water. (Old person problem).
The meal was wonderful, with my fish really nice batter.
My wife wanted a small meal so ordered fish cakes, was told very small, but the chief gave her two (to us very large cakes) plus all the trimmings, once again fantastic wish all restaurants and hotels could think like that!!
On to breakfast, I keep using the word fantastic but sorry it was,,, cooked to order, wow how good was that, did not need to eat all day until home at 9.30.
The morning reception, sorry no name was really helpful and Friendly, a nice touch.
I travel all around the country, and stay in lots of hotels, this hotel must rate as on o the best

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

The manager Bob and receptionist (whose name we didn’t catch) were absolutely superb throughout our stay and were both so friendly. We had a minor issue initially which was dealt with promptly. Our evening meal wasn’t on our bill at checkout and we weren’t sure if this was a generous goodwill gesture (for the earlier issue) or an error. We assumed it was the latter so asked for it to be added to our bill. The chef handled gluten free requirements very well. All in all, a good stay made even better by wonderful staff!

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank gluten-free-33
Reviewed 25 November 2019

I was booked in to stay overnight last week, checkedin had dinner then got a phone call ...dad unwell and I had to leave and get him to hospital. The night porter was waiting for me at 0400 when I returned. He had blocked my room so I could rest during the day and offered a second nights accomodation if needed given I hadn't used the room. Wow ...had to get home so unable to take up the offer of an additional night but thankyou indeed.

Date of stay: November 2019
PerthLodge, Front Office Manager at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, sad to hear your stay was cut-short but glad that our night porter made you feel welcome. Hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2019 via mobile

Checked in at 18:45 and asked what time dinner was being served until and was told 20:45. Went for a run, showered and went down to the bar at 20:10 only to be told that the chef had left at 19:30! Now, bear in mind that this hotel is I’ve 2 miles away from civilisation. Had to jump in my car to find somewhere to eat. Simply not good enough.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank K8nno
PerthLodge, Manager at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Completely agree, sorry to hear you had a terrible experience with ourselves. We had an agency chef who had a mind of his own. We are now back up and running with our own full time chefs, so this issue would never happen again. Hope you would join us again in the future.