“Easter Sunday”

The Bothy
Ranked #55 of 218 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcoming Scottish restaurant in PerthLocated on Kinnoull Street, The Bothy Perth is a relaxed restaurant serving traditional cuisine made with Scottish produce. The warm and homely atmosphere is the perfect place to relax with friends or family and to enjoy home-cooked comfort food. Child-friendly and wheelchair accessible, The Bothy Perth is ideally situated for visitors to the Perth Playhouse as well as Perth Theatre.Traditional dishes & hearty foodThe restaurant chefs use the best Scottish produce to offer a varied menu with classic items like Marshall’s macaroni glazed with strong cheddar cheese; freshly battered haddock with tartare sauce, crushed peas and a ‘poke’ (‘portion’, to you non-Scots!) of chips; or pub lunch favourite, the 100% Scottish beef burger with hand cut chips, tomato salsa and pickle.Perth town centre accessibility & transport linksThe Bothy is on Kinnoull Street in the centre of Perth and a brisk 10 minute walk from Perth train station. Paid parking is available in the multi-storey car park along from the restaurant and several bus stops can also be found nearby.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you’ve got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere, nice food. Even made us cocktails that weren’t on menu. Jamie was a great host. Guess others have just been on a bad day. I couldn’t fault it.

Bothy P, Sales & Events Manager at The Bothy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear CrustyRoll,

Many thanks for leaving us such a great review.

I am delighted that you had such a great visit, and am glad you enjoyed your meal so much. I will ensure that your kind comments are passed along to the staff as they all love to hear positive reviews.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again very soon!

Kind regards, The Bothy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I can in with a group of family and friends for a meal and some drinks. On arriving we were greeted by Jamie who took us to our table we were then served by Rhiannon who was very attentive and made our night very relaxed and enjoyable. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and loved the cocktails we had. We will definately be back again soon and will recommend yo other friends. 5*!!!

Dear CeeRM,

Thanks for taking time out of your day to leave us such a great review. Our feedback from customer is hugely important to us, and hearing positive comments is always a lovely experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much, and will be sure to pass along your lovely comments to Rhiannon who I'm sure will be thrilled to hear her service is appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Had a lovely meal with my fiancé. The food was lovely with great table and banter from Jamie. The atmosphere was perfect which made the night even better. Amazing cocktails would definitely recommend to anyone.

Dear sjbrown95,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review.

Our customer feedback is very important to us, and staff love to hear the positive comments that we receive.

We look forward to seeing you again soon for some more cocktails!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Booked a table for two the day before our visit. On arrival table wasn't ready. When table was ready it was in a corridor next to the bar. Asked for another table further over. We were told in an off hand manner none were available. However customers who came in after us were shown to tables in better locations.There were also empty tables for two to the left of us which we could have been given. Granted the restaurant was busy but i do believe our request could have been accommodated could the server be bothered. However the food was very good, usually is at the Bothy and they did reduce the price by 20% for slow service. However due to the off hand manner in meeting our request we did not feel able to leave a gratuity.

Dear 49Ian,

Many thanks for taking time out of your day to leave us your review. Customer feedback is hugely important to us to be able to improve our standards.

Please accept my most sincere apologies that your experience had been marred by the service you had received.

Our bookings diary is meticulously monitored to ensure we can accommodate all bookings that have been made for the evening, and I can only assume that the management on the night had bookings arriving throughout the duration of your meal and so could not accommodate your request to move table.

I will be sure that this point is raised at our next management meeting, as staff should always be accommodating with requests where possible and should never speak to guests in the off-hand manner you have mentioned.

I am glad that you had been given a 20% discount on your meal, and that you enjoyed the food you had ordered however.

We would be delighted for you to book a table of your choice to return and hopefully leave with a much better impression. If you would like to visit us again, or would like to discuss this any further please do not hesitate to reach out to myself directly at carrieforster@g1group.co.uk.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ugh what a disgrace tonight was.
I don't like to walk away from a restaurant but this was something. I had a table booked for 2015; was in around 20:00 and it took about 20 minutes to get a drink at the bar. Almost 40 minutes to get seated and an hour for me to walk away. I hope you get your serving staff sorted because there was chaos and lots of headless chickens if you know what I mean....

On a seconde more, the chippy on the otherside of the square is much better.

1  Thank Maarten G

Dear Maarten,

Many thanks for leaving us your review.

I had noted your review left on our Facebook page also, and have also responded to this with my most sincere apologies.

Please note that the Facebook response asked if you could kindly if you could reach out to myself directly at carrieforster@g1group.co.uk as I would very much like to discuss this further with you to rectify the situation.