“Couldn't get better”

Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Pitlochry
“Couldn't get better”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We were a party of four celebrating my birthday, staying for 3 nights. We were very impressed with everything about Knockendarroch. The rooms were very comfortable (we had the newly refurbished four poster room), the food was first class and the staff were very friendly and always knew our room numbers when getting keys etc. The hotel is well placed for getting around Pitlochry on foot. Would highly recommend

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank SDuffy1962
Knockendarroch, Owner at Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear 'SDuffy1962', Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad you enjoyed your special birthday at the Knockendarroch. We would love to see you again.
Best wishes, Liz and Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have just had a three night stay at Knockendarroch House which was Beyond our Expectations! service,rooms,food,staff everything abouit our stay was first class we will be back, take a bow Knockendarroch House.

2 Thank jim m
Dear Rhonda and Jim, We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for your lovely review.
Best wishes Liz and Team
Scotland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I chose this hotel because I like the ambience of these old houses and I was not disappointed; it was lovely. Clean, nicely furnished, pleasant staff and very good food. I had room 3 which has big picture windows overlooking the valley. The temperature in the room was just right, including the bathroom, and the bed was very comfortable. I'm a picky eater but I really enjoyed my dinner and breakfast was good too. I have one small quibble, easily put right. We had pre-dinner drinks but had only drunk half when we were whisked into the dining room! Too efficient! I would have liked a few more minutes to finish my G&T.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends and will definitely stay here when I next visit Pitlochry.

Room Tip: Why not select the best you can afford - spoil yourself!
4 Thank morageckford
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We booked this hotel a couple of days before we went and got one of the last two rooms. We were disappointed when we arrived to find our room wasnt where we expected and we considered leaving. After speaking with the manager we stayed put and I am glad that we did. The way our complaint was handled was fabulous and we are impressed enough to book again.
Our dinner was well presented and very tasty - not sure how often the menu changes. I had lovely well cooked pink lamb and my partner had duck.
The lounge where we had pre dinner canapes and after dinner drinks is so cosy and beautifully decorated, lovely comfy sofas and nice furniture, my favourite piece was the whisky cabinet!
Our room was nicely decorated with nice furnishings and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was a bit cold though even with the radiator on full blast.
Breakfast was served at the table, it was nice not to queue at a buffet table! I had porridge followed by smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which was delicious.
I am glad we decided to stay - will definitely go back.

1 Thank honeycat2307
Knockendarroch, Owner at Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear honeycat2307, The service we offer to customers is uppermost in our minds so I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you will come back to see us again!
Best wishes
Liz and Team
Glasgow
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We have just returned from an overnight stay at Knockendarroch and were most impressed with the very high standard of the hotel. Dinner and breakfast were freshly cooked, beautifully presented and delicious. Our compliments to the chef. We were warmly looked after by the staff and we were just sorry we were unable to stay longer. We saw a matinee performance at the Pitlochry theatre and then were able to enjoy a leisurely dinner in elegant surroundings in the evening.

Christeen and Sandy

1 Thank finsathazellodge
Knockendarroch, Owner at Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Dear Christeen and Sandy, Thank you for your kind comments. It is such a pleasure for us when guests enjoy their stay and most gratifying when our efforts in service, food and comfort are recognised and appreciated - thank you!
Best wishes
Liz and the Knockendarroch Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pitlochry
1.1 km away
0.4 km away
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel
The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel
#9 of 18 in Pitlochry

Been to Knockendarroch Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!