2,160 results
All reviews lavender spa tennis courts turret suite plunge pool pitch and putt manor house stags head restaurant manager afternoon tea steam room putting green hotel grounds spa break spa area dining room stunning views family room
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Really lovely hotel in beautiful grounds. Good value for the two night offer and would love to visit again. Friendly staff, super pool and leisure facilities and we had a great break to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was so nice to chat to the owner, Finn, when we were checking out too. He went out of his way to speak to guests which was a pleasant change from other hotels that we have stayed in. Altogether a great short break.

Room Tip: No tips. We had a nice room - no complaints
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
AthollPalaceHotel, General Manager at Atholl Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear LesHen1423

Thank you for taking the time to place this review and I am delighted you encountered a really lovely hotel and grounds with friendly staff and also met Fionn who is always delighted to meet our valued guests.

Hope to welcome you back soon for another break at the Atholl Palace.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Myself and my friend and our wives had a great party night and overnight stay in this wonderful hotel. The food for the party night was excellent and hot and the rooms were first class.
The staff were all polite and very helpful.
It was really so good we will go again for this party night this December.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have great views
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear ronniegarvie

Delighted that you enjoyed the Atholl Palace Christmas party night and we look forward to welcoming you back later this year.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

We bought a 2 night dinner bed and breakfast deal on Itison and when I called the hotel to book they didn't have any standard rooms let. I said it was a shame because we were planning to celebrate my husbands 60th Birthday. The person on the phone then replied "well in that case iI think we will upgrade you to a family suite for no extra charge"
We were delighted when we opened the room door and had the most beautiful suite with panoramic views of stunning Perthshire. On the desk there was a birthday card and lovely bowl of fresh fruit. The dinner and breakfast was wonderful and the staff so very pleasant and attentive. We had a wonderful time. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Joan W

Again please pass on our birthday wishes to your husband and it was our pleasure to look after you both ,hope to welcome you both back sometime in the future maybe for another birthday celebration.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Was really excited after months of planning my hen weekend but was sorely let down by the poor standard of room I was allocated. Room 84 (3 bed) whilst spacious I have stayed in nicer, cleaner Premier Inns. The room is down in basement type area where the corridor is carpeted with a hideous 'games room' pattern. Other members of the party stayed in lovely decor rooms on 2nd floor (albeit a bit tired and in need of upgrade) however a few girls commented the rooms were dusty and not overall a 4 star standard.
I never approached reception at the time as we heard nothing but staff commenting on how full the hotel was and busy they were with back to back weddings every day of our stay (2 nights fri-sun).
Overall the hotel has such potential and perhaps one day way back was in great condition but overall defiantly not 4 star and needs a good bit of money to bring it up to scratch.
Positives - Howard in the dining room was so lovely and attentive really made our party feel welcome and catered to our needs.
Food - lovely food, great choice for breakfast and dinner. We also had afternoon tea which was gorgeous.
Spa day - treatments were lovely however spa area/pool very tired and in need of a make over.
I have emailed the hotel and look forward to their reply. I see they only appear to comment on positive feedback but hope that time is taken to address guests whom have been let down.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa2985

Dear Melissa2985

Thank you for your feedback but I am sorry you felt the need to place this review as you and I had been discussing your issues in private and again my apologies that room 84 was not to your personnel taste and I do hope that you visit the Atholl Palace again sometime in the future as you have said everything else was positive.

My kindest regards

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The drive up is quite nice and the outside is nice too but rooms are really small and dingey; steps to the rooms are too steep
Wasnt impressed, really far out, parking is terrible, wont be goin again, very small

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teens222

Dear Teen222

Thank you for your feedback.