US$203
  • Free Internet
US$375
  • Pool
1,391 results
All reviewswhisky or sherryon arrivalrefurbished roomthe hotel car parkthe main streetwee dramtrain stationbreakfast was buffet styleevening mealthird floorweekend breakwaiting staffsingle roomlovely touchbed and breakfastenjoyable staybreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed at the fishers at the end of March using an itison deal. We were greeted by friendly reception staff and informed we were to be upgraded to a superior room and offered a whiskey on arrival which is a nice touch. Our room was one of the recently renovated ones and was lovely, very clean and had a massive TV and very powerful shower. We dined in the hotel;the food was lovely (although there was quite a limited selecion) and the waiting staff very attentive. The only downside is the main areas of the hotel are quite dated and it was very noisy in the morning. I think the hotel is aimed at older couples as my partner and i were the youngest there by quite a bit, however it was a Tuesday night so that might have played a factor in this.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy182
Brian W, General Manager at Fisher's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Amy182,

Thank you for your review, and for taking advantage of our many great deals throughout the year. It is great to hear you liked your room and in April the hotel can be a little quieter, however at the weekends the town really comes to life especially the Coachhouse bar next door.

I hope to see your return,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I booked a one night stay for hubby and I as a wee break away for up and coming anniversary. Have been a few times always happy,room ,food etc. I asked on booking if possible a refurbished room, decent view. Which I am aware would be street view or gardens however someone must have had a good laugh allocating room 128, picture attached. Looking onto roof,pipes, other windows with cloth hanging over etc. On complaining at reception offered room 106 this was street view but not a nice room at all very old ,tacky,small TV and beds not even made up right so hubby opted to stay put as one night. Our room was certainly refurbished,decent bed and shower. Just tiny room awful view which I know doesn't bother a lot of people. Food was again very nice diner and breakfast. Just hope next visit they accommodate better with room choices.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jinty72

Dear Jinty72,

I am sorry you weren't allocated a room with a better view, we do encourage at the time of booking to make this a priority and when possible we will accommodate. I am happy you enjoyed the food, and please return soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice old fashioned hotel ,maybe a new mattress in room needed, we were given a small drink on arrival sherry or whisky very nice touch there was car parking next to the coach house pub attached to fishers ,nice meals and reasonable priced drinks in coach house pub.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear danielfrew,

Thank you for your review, we do offer a complimentary drink on arrival and I am happy you saw this as the gesture it was intended. I am also happy you enjoyed our very busy public bar the Coachhouse where we endeavour to make the prices as competitive as possible.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We booked an accessible room as my wife uses an electric wheelchair, on arrival at reception we were informed that the room wasn’t ready(we were a little earlier than the stated check in time of 3pm) this wasn’t an issue for us as the hotel have an area where luggage can be left until rooms are ready, we left our luggage and took a seat in the lounge, after a few minutes the receptionist came over and informed us that the accessible room couldn’t accommodate an electric wheelchair as the room door wasn’t wide enough, however we were informed that we would be upgraded to a larger room that would allow my wife full use of her wheelchair which we appreciated, the room was large although it was very dated and in need of refurbishment.
Bar staff were tidy but very slow to get a round of drinks ready, we also had issues when the bar staff didn’t understand what we were asking for!! A combination of Scottish accent and a less than perfect grasp of English didn't help.
Breakfast options were good with more than enough choices to satisfy everyone’s requirements.
Overall the reception staff and kitchen were good, however the hotel was let down by the bar staff and the very dated rooms which at £125 weren’t expensive but at the same time were more than should be charged for the dated accommodation.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank squareclosedogs

Dear squareclosedogs,

I am happy that Reception managed to find a solution for you in regards to wheelchair access. we are undergoing a refurbishment and hope you return to see the fruits of this.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Our first disappointment was the "free" car park. This large hotel has a car park to hold maybe 30 cars but a lot of the parking space is taken up with containers and various pieces of scrap, anyway it was full.
When I asked at reception I was told to use the public car park around 100 yards from the hotel. The room we had was in good order and the bathroom looked reasonably New but the bathroom door looked as if it had been found in a skip.
The dinner and breakfast was good and staff were helpful. The general appearance of the hotel is well used and needs some TLC.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andy P,

Thank you for your review, we are going through some refurbishment hence the skips in the carpark. I am sorry you didn't get a space but it is limited parking only as it says on our website. I am happy you liked your room, and hope you return soon to see the progress we have made.