Fairfield House Hotel
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure facilitieschurchill suiteleisure clubsea viewparty nightsteam roomlovely hotelroom wasn't readyexecutive roomnight porterfour staran overnight stayhuge bathroombirthday treatvisited this hotelsmoked salmonisle of arran
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We had a voucher overnight stay with 3 course meal.
The staff were outstanding and very friendly.
The food was Top Class and compliments to the Chef.
The hotel was in an excellent location.
The only one negative and was that in the evening there was no music the bar area. We just prefer to have background music so unfortunately we had to find a local bar.
We would have no hesitation to return.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark_S_Fairfield, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Johnward_62
Thank you so much for spending your time to post such a fantastic review on here. i was delighted to read that you found the food top class and the team here outstanding. I shall ensure that your lovely comments are passed on to everyone here. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Was given an overnight stay as a birthday gift from my son and daughter in law
Room was very big, bathroom beautiful entire room spotless
We had evening meal in hotel restaurant and it was beautiful
Breakfast was fab lovely cold buffet and the ordered breakfast was very tasty
The waitress was excellent she was so attentive so cheery and nothing was a bother to her

1  Thank nelliewenga

Dear nelliewenga
Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful 5 star review on here. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially the food and attentive team here. I shall ensure your comments are passed on. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Well firstly this hotel looked the part on pictures, and from talking to friends in Ayr we got a ohhh very “posh” however we did book this through ITISON, im pretty sure they are on a few of these discount websites albeit in the “off season months” remember folks this is what keeps these kind of hotels ticking over. The website states check in is at 2pm however on the paper print out of your voucher it is 3pm so as most people do some chance their luck at checking in early, however that wasnt to be the girl on repception told us it would be 3pm and that we could get our glass of prosecco at the bar while waiting (part of the deal) this endid in a few drinks and went back at 3pm to check in, male this time who said rooms still not ready be 20mins.... so again goes back to the bar another drink.... now £30 later the time now is 3.30 pm again asked whats the problem the room is not ready? No answer gets another 10mins to which I opened my sandwhich in the middle of the reception and started eating it, very peeved at this point whilst other folk came and went checking in!! 3.50pm eventually checked in! Thought I was going to walk into some sorta FOUR STAR room (as stated) well how very disapointing.... the room was Turnberry, very spacious room and bathroom however all wasnt as good as it was meant to be, im no snob and no over rated person by anymeans, all you want is clean and tidy, it seemed very rushed and the bathroom left alot to be desired the bath i would have never have got in - usually love a bath aswell, so the shower it was, didnt expect to be standing in my own dirt mind you obviously drainage is a big issue especially in this room, as the sink also filled up quickly while brushing your teeth. So this basically hut the nail on the head as it is no way in my eyes a 4 Star accomodation.. there have been “modofied” rooms obviously this one wasn’t one or was it??? Pool leisure area we used but wont say to much on that either okay for a small dip. Couldnt fault the breakfast staff they were very attentive and easy going especialy the older middle aged woman - didnt catch her name. All in all i have stayed in better just a bit disapointed thats all, I dont bulls*** and you will see this if you read my other reveiws.

Maybe they had a bad day/weekend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank shelley0417

Dear shelley0417
Thank you for taking the time to post a review here. All feedback, both good and bad, is appreciated as it helps us evaluate our business and move forward. Please accept my apologies that you did not get into your room until 15.50. I shall also have our website changed as this is an over site and should be 15.00.
Please also accept my apologies that there seems to have been an issue with the drainage in that particular room when you were with us, this has now been rectified. I was glad to read that you found the team very attentive, i shall pass on your comments.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Came here for a wee overnight and loved every minute of it the food was amazing, the staff were so helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable had dinner and used the leisure facilities. one fault the scrambled egg wasn't nice was quite rubbery.

Room Tip: don't get the scambled egg
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McFarlane1
Mark_S_Fairfield, General Manager at Fairfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear McFarlane1
Thank you very much for spending some of your time to post a review on here. I was very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially the food and friendliness of the team here. I shall pass on these comments to everyone. Your point on the eggs has been noted. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We booked a deal to stay overnight with dinner and breakfast. Great location, lovely rooms, friendly staff. We used the leisure facilities- included in the price - which was an added bonus. Great breakfast the following morning. Would definitely return / recommend.

2  Thank Lovetolunch79

Dear Lovetolunch79
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a lovely review.I was glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially our friendly team here. I shall pass on your comments. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.