“Magical Start to our Wedding Weekend”
Sitting Room Family Room
Dining Alfresco
Ayr Racecourse
Brig O Doon Weddings
Golfing Breaks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jennifer...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Magical Start to our Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I booked Alloway Retreat for my pre wedding accommodation, as the location and size of the property was perfect (only a 2 minute drive to our wedding at the Brig O' Doon House Hotel). I live in Edinburgh and was looking for somewhere spacious and comfortable to accommodate me and my two bridesmaids the night before the wedding.

Initially when I found out there was a minimum two night stay I was disappointed, as I was only looking for somewhere to stay the night before the wedding. However, it actually worked out really well as it meant that my future husband and I got the chance to stay there on the first night before my bridesmaids joined me on the second night.

It states on their website that it's a luxury bungalow and this is most certainly the case. From the moment we stepped into the property we both absolutely loved it; it's very well presented with nice finishes throughout. As we were staying here on the lead up to our wedding Shirley and Paul very kindly left us a wedding card, bottle of wine and some freshly baked bread, which was a very nice touch and a great start to our stay.. The kitchen is well equipped and the lounge areas very comfortable. The property is well situated with easy access to Ayr and other local amenities.

The entire process from booking to getting our refundable deposit back was very easy and straightforward. The owners (Shirley & Paul) were very friendly and extremely helpful. They're usual check out time is 11am but since our wedding was at 1.30pm they were very accommodating and kindly agreed that I could stay at the bungalow until my wedding car collected me at 1.20pm.

I couldn't have imagined a better start to our wedding weekend; it really was fantastic.

To summarize:
-Superb accommodation.
-Very good value for money.
-Easy to book and owners are very helpful.
-Would definitely recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Loved everything.
Liked least: No dislikes.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
21 May 2014
Thank you for this great review. Im glad that Alloway Retreat helped make your wedding weekend special!! Alloway Retreat had its first bride and a beautiful bride at that, it was a pleasure to have you all stay. Wishing you both a very happy, healthy and wealthy life together!!
Shirley XX
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing