Free cancellation until 04/08
Golf View(Prestwick)
US$115
US$94
Orbitz.com
Fernbank Guest House(Prestwick)(Great Value!)
US$60
Firhill Bed and Breakfast(Prestwick)(Great Value!)
US$69
Dormie House(Prestwick)
The Bay House(Prestwick)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2015

It is hard to know where to begin without doubt this Hotel is simply the most awful accommodation we have found here in the UK or abroad on our travels.

We arrived Friday late afternoon after a 6 hour drive, the hotel has an Indian restaurant right at its heart. The strong aroma of spices and cooking hit us as we entered Reception, this area serves as the breakfast dining area.

Here's where we made a mistake we paid on arrival for two nights - we strongly suggest that if anyone does wish to visit this go and check your room before paying.

We were given keys to room 7 - the stairs are steep narrow and gloomy, the smell of spices was not present in the upper corridors. We entered room 7 - there are holes in the wall where someone has it seems punched them. There is a floorboard missing hidden under a very dirty carpet, the room frankly was tiny with a view over a drab building and wasteground (no beach).

The walls behind the bed used to be white - there were large patches of brown grimy areas. I sat on the bed the springs gave way - it was well past it's best.

The wife checked the bathroom which was in a decent condition of presentation and cleanliness. It was as I sat on the bed I saw countless human hairs on the floor with some toenail clippings.

We decided that this hotel was not what we had envisaged at the time of booking and returned to Reception for a refund and departure.

The gentleman on the desk informed us we would have to pay one nights fee to cancel. After a short discussion where I had to threaten and pretend to call the Police he reluctantly refunded our money.

This is by far our worst hotel experience we will not be returning.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stuart p
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

We booked a family room for an overnight stop on our way to Arran. First impressions are that the hotel is very dated and as the restaurant is an Indian restaurant at night, there's a very strong smell when you walk in which could be offputting.

We were in room 7. The beds were clean and comfortable enough but that's about all. The door wasn't very secure, the bathroom wasn't very clean and despite having specified that there were three of us when we booked, we had to request extra towels, cups and tea/coffee making items. The shower nearly came off the wall and the cubicle was tiny! Trying to get consistent water temperature was a nightmare and at one point the water stopped running altogether whilst I was mid-shower! Breakfast was ok. We didn't bother complaining at the time because it really was only a pit stop for us.

I probably would have given this hotel one more star/spot because the staff seemed helpful and friendly at the time but I realised I'd left an expensive pair of tweezers behind. I rang to enquire about whether they'd been found and was told that they'd check and get back to me. I had to point out that to do that, they'd need my number! What a faff, trying to give him my number - it took about four attempts for him to read it back to me correctly! They didn't have the decency to return my call and that, to me, is the poorest of poor customer service. If they'd had the courtesy to ring back and say they hadn't found them I wouldn't have minded too much but their ignorance really annoyed me.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all. Find a travelodge or premier inn. It might be a little less convenient or a little more expensive but at least you'd know what you were getting and the customer service is generally decent.

Stayed: May 2015
4  Thank t-bone123
Reviewed 7 June 2015

We stayed one night on 6th June. We thought the room had been set up for Frank Spencer to destroy! The shower had a mind of its own, going from scalding hot to freezing in the blink of an eye. Someone not so sprightly as my partner risked being badly scalded or passing out with mindnumbing cold. The toilet roll holder came off in my hand. I fixed the wash hand basin plug which was faulty (ever the plumbers daughter). Despite running the tap for fifteen minutes the water never reached anything other than tepid. The wardrobe door knob came off in my partners hand. This was all on a background of extreme shabbiness. The overhead lightshade was sitting at a jaunty angle. We could only think someone had been bouncing on the bed and had done this. The carpet was stained. The wardrobe had a bit of folded card under one corner to even it up. To be fair the beds were clean and comfortable. By luck I had enquired about late entry as we were going to a dance. It appears that there was no-one on at night. We had to get another key to get in. What if we hadn't asked? The hairdryer overheated and cut out after about a minutes use. I had to remove all the fluff from the filter at the back of it with a pair of tweezers in order to use it. At breakfast at least five choices involved baked beans. As a vegan I thought beans, mushrooms and tomato would hit the spot. Hmmmm no beans - they had run out. There was only about eight guests in the hotel that we could see so how much beans did they all eat? When handing the keys in I told the chap at the desk all this. He pretended to write it down. He said that their stock of beans had run out. LOL! I emphasised the danger with the shower and no hot water. We paid £65 for all this fun which I thought was a bit steep for the poor quality of this establishment. We should have been on alert when the payment was taken at check-in.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joan F
Reviewed 13 May 2015

where do I begin... the man at reception took the payment as soon as I arrived, so that was not a good sign. To be honest i would have left the hotel if I had not paid, once I had looked at the room. The furniture was scratched and looked like it was from a junk shop. I dont mind second hand but the furniture was past it. The carpet was frayed and worn in the middle. The side table had something spilled on it, from the last guests. the bathroom was anything but clean and the glass wrapped carefully in a plastic cover had brown marks on it. there were screws sticking up from the metal strip between the bathroom and carpet, which was sharp.The sheets were ok and looked like they were clean. The window had a blind but it was old and frayed at the bottom. the hotel was noisy and people kept slamming doors. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Ally G
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

We had the worst weekend ever thanks to the other guests who the hotel took no control of. They partied all night the first night and proceeded to wreck the room the following night while their music blasted and doors slammed. As the hotel is not manned overnight when I called at 3.30am I was told someone would be up but nothing happened, it was terrifying and I was never so glad to leave. If I had know nothing would be done I would have called the police. The hotel is very run down and could do with a good clean. The food in the Indian restaurant was lovely and breakfast was ample all be it the jugs and teapots could do with a clean. I would never stay again

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple