“Another Buzzworks venue, another predictable but good meal”

Elliots Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Prestwick
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A cool, relaxed and sophisticated venue serving the finest food daily from 9am—10pm (10.30pm Fri & Sat). Stunning decor, a laid back atmosphere and an unsurpassed selection of freshly prepared dishes. Elliots restaurant is ideal for everything from light lunches to special occasion dining. Serving food until late, the restaurant is just the place to relax and dine after a long day at work or on the golf course.Elliots Bar is also open for drinks until midnight Sun/Mon/Tues (12.30am Thurs and 2.30am Wed/Fri/Sat).The best parties happen after dark, from exclusive one-off gigs to DJ nights, seasonal specials to regular favourites. With delicious food, perfectly mixed cocktails, fabulous company and an unbelievable selection of drinks promotions, we're all about fashionably late entertainment, all week long.
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Elliots is located on Prestwick's Main Street, and has grown over recent years to encompass a huge glass frontage to the building in which the floor space has been significantly increased for diners, whilst still having a sizeable bar area straight ahead of the main entry doors off Main Street.

The décor inside is not to my personal taste - as with a few other places round here it is almost verging on the point of tacky in places. Evidently a significant amount of money has been spent creating 'the look' but to me it's yet another place in Ayrshire trying to be a Chelsea watering hole. In particular, the bar at the back left of the main building has a number of champagne Jeroboams and Methuselahs, all of which are empty versions, and I can only presume, there to try and make it seem like people frequenting this bar would actually be likely to purchase such a significant amount of champagne in one go.

The good is really consistent, if not a little pricing (and predictable as with all of the Buzzworks venues) but with some of the specials that are frequently changed, there are plenty of ways to spend less than full price on most of the menu items.

Also a great place to finish a night out in Prestwick. I've never seen any trouble in here and the drinks prices aren't too bad. It would just be better if the place didn't masquerade around as attracting clientele with higher incomes than it does. It just comes off as being a massive exercise in style over substance.

2  Thank thecritic721
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Booked a table last night....ordered our first round of drinks asked for an alcohol FREE beer and was given a choice of 3, when it came and i poured and drank half i realised it was LOW alcohol beer!!! Not good as i was driving! Then after mains we ordered a second round of drinks (water for me and glass of coke) these never came! When i mentioned it at end of meal when paying i was asked "well were you charged for it" i replied no and was just given a mumble of sorry, food was lovely, service not very! Be warned check your bills AND drinks and always ask for everything twice to make sure you get it! Very disappointed

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Where do I start, fabulous staff, the tenderest steak in the world finished off with the best coffee I have had in years. I am now thinking of moving to Prestwick so I can call this my local.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Wife and I out for evening meal, she orders Gambas Pil Pil and fillet steak I go for prime burger. Now there was a 30% off steaks and burgers but I was surprised to find that I had to pay for cheese and bacon but more surprisingly pay extra for the fries. All in all I ended up paying £17 for a very poor burger with what looked like a sauce cheese and the bacon was a few bits of ham with the fat still on. Service was slow and we weren't asked how our meal was when the plates were cleared which I feel is a cope out for poor restaurants. My wife's meal was fairly average. Gambas Pil a let down but the steak was cooked nicely, which is the least you'd expect. Overall I feel when out for a meal on a Tuesday night I would feel that in a generally well respected place like Elliott's that the overall experience we had was exceedingly poor. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

Slow start as I wandered around looking for someone to show me to a table, but an excellent ribeye steak, which with 30% off was reasonably priced (regular discount Sunday to Thursday I believe)

Nice dessert, good coffee, what's not to like?

1  Thank Bob H