US$190
US$111
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$127
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$85
US$76
US$68
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

US$85
US$128
Agoda.com
Rowan Tree Hostel(Ennis)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$93
TripAdvisor
1,060 results
All reviewsleisure centrebar staffboth nightsfriendly receptionistbit datedennis townfood was lovelyself serviceweekend breakboth morningslovely hotelan evening mealstaff were lovelycouldn't do enoughold stylethe pubyogurt
Reviewed 29 September 2015 via mobile

Hotel is 20-30 min walk from town centre .
Carpet, curtains, shower curtain, toilet in bedroom not very clean. Couldn't find entry from carpark at back of hotel. Bit of a trek around to front entrance if carrying bags ,kids buggy etc. had to walk on part of main road which was dangerous .
There was event on in car park so parking space was limited and back of hotel very dirty near kitchen entrance .
Long maze corridors in hotel with double doors and awkward for buggy .
Food wasn't good . Meat was gone off looking colour , vegetables were rock hard .
Breakfast area was a disaster - I never seen anything as bad for the hot buffet section.
I was asked 4 times for my room number then I had to sign a docket book saying I had breakfast .
When I was checking out I was been charged for 2 breakfasts . My partner nor kids didn't have breakfast .
I looked for change at bar for the coin operated cig machine .i was told - no change available .
I asked to put a round of drinks down to my room no - wouldn't do this .
I wanted to pay for drinks by laser card - wouldn't do this either .
I would not stay here ever again .

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank Wedding201
Reviewed 27 September 2015

Myself and my wife stayed at the Auburn some years ago and always meant to go back. I was on a working trip to Ennis recently and availed of a Grab One voucher of 2 nights b&b plus an evening meal for €99. We stayed Thursday and Friday night.

We checked in around 8pm and the reception was friendly and efficient with absolutely no delay. Our room was on the 1st floor, through a long corridor and up the stairs. Everywhere we passed was nicely decorated and the carpets were plush. Our room was large with a double and single bed. The en-suite was also large with loads of shelf room for toiletries etc. The shower was over the bath and everything was spotless. Plenty of towels on supply also.

There was free wi-fi in the room plus a large TV that had about 16 channels. I'd have liked a few radio channels also, but basically nothing to complain about. We had loads of wardrobe space, with a safe, 2 armchairs and a table.

After settling in and freshening up, we headed to Taylor Quigleys bar and had a nice couple of drinks. The bar men were again, friendly and efficient. It was reasonably busy, but not noisy. People were buying food and drink and content to have a nice chat. One TV screen was showing the rugby world cup. It seemed to attract locals as well as residents and tourists, which is always a good sign.

We had a lovely relaxing sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room was nice and warm. I heard our neighbours coming in at some stage, but my wife didn't. It was different the second night, my wife heard some noise, but I didn't. You may take from that what you will. All in all the rooms were quiet and we slept very well both nights.

The shower was lovely in the morning and the water temperature was easy to control. I suppose the only problem people would have is accessiblity if you had mobility problems. I don't know how the hotel caters for this, but even at ground level, you would have to negotiate a couple of steps to go from reception to the bedrooms. If you have a mobility problem, maybe contact the hotel before travelling. I would say they make provision for this.

The breakfast both mornings were lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful. There was lots to choose from and great variety with cereals, breads, fruit, juices, yogurts, tea, coffee, toast and of course the obligatory full Irish. I enjoyed them all. The full Irish had scrambled/fried eggs, sausages, rashers, tomatoes, beans, puddings and you definitely won't leave hungry. The only small quibble is that the buffet area is small, but that didn't spoil anything for me.

I don't do leisure centres or spas, but my wife availed of a back/shoulder/neck massage and was impressed. The complex looked impressive.

We had our dinner in the Oyster Restaurant on the second night and it was lovely. My wife had the fish for starter and main course, while I went for the goats cheese tartlet starter and the chicken main course. We both had dessert and a glass of wine and we thoroughly enjoyed it all. The Grab One voucher only covers the main course though and the starters, dessert and wine were extras, but well worth it.

There is a large car park there also and we had no trouble parking the car. The hotel is only a 5-10min drive into the centre of Ennis, depending on traffic, or a nice 25 minute walk. It costs about €8 for a taxi.

Checkout was again fast and efficient and we left the Auburn, promising to go back again. We had a lovely, relaxing time there and felt quite at home. Ennis and Clare are lovely places to visit and the Auburn Lodge is a very good base, at a very reasonable price.

Some people complain about it being old style etc, but we rather liked that. It is clean, friendly, warm and comfortable and that means an awful lot.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jake2008
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Just spent two nights here and really enjoyed our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast is buffet and had a great selection. The pub offers carvery lunch during the day and pub grub in the evenings. All were reasonably priced. Sure the interior could do with some updating but it didn't take from two relaxing nights.

It's located out of town but the hotel will organise a taxi for you and we never paid more than ten euros.

Great stay lovely staff

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Garynic
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

Myself and my wife went here for a two day mid week break the hotel on the outside is stunning beautiful brick work went through the front door to reception . The reception area is lovely like and old church the lady on reception was very friendly and helpful we had a room on the ground floor at the other end of the hotel a long walk but we found a door which led to the carpark so was dead handy the room was a bit dated but your only really in it to sleep and get ready some people's reviews are making the rooms look like something from the 70s they might look old but if your like me your only in it for a few hours and the bed is comfortable and the shower is good I'm happy. The pool was great nice and warm the jacuzzi was so hot but great to help you relax. The food was amazing great value for money I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank poopir
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful couple of days at this hotel. staff and service is second to none. would be delighted to stay there again .rooms and leisure centre are very good for family to stay. Bar food good value Pat Lee coolaney

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family