“Brilliant yet again”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Popped in on Mother's Day for lunch. I had rung ahead as I had collected a family member from hospital and was in crutches. On our arrival Finbarr the manager came out and helped us to find a space before helping my mother in. The place was so busy but again he found two seats for us and the food was brought down. The icing on the cake was the quality of the food This place makes me proud to be Irish. It kicked off a beautiful Mother's Day. Thanks to Finbarr and all his staff

2  Thank Brefney

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We had an absolutely awful experience in the viaduct last Friday. Food was awful, lukewarm, badly cooked. Place was mostly empty, which at 7:30 on a friday night, with an international soccer match on... well, it speaks for itself.

We were seated next to a fish tank missing half its water, with a dead fish floating upside down in it.

We found a blue plaster floating in our water jug.

I returned my 'food' uneaten after speaking to the staff about it, and it was replaced, but the replacement was as bad as the original.

I usually try to see the good in every place, but this is surely a health hazard. Avoid.

5  Thank pwurple
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I was excited to go here but I was disappointed when we sat down for Sunday lunch.
The trays were not clean at the carvery, the vegetables were overcooked.

The beef was good, but the roast potatoes were not good and the stuffing was like you would find in a packet, very dry.
It all lacked taste!

I can understand that they need to cater for many people, but the quality of the food should not have to suffer.

Generally the overall cleanliness could do with improvement.

1  Thank Darren L
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I visited with a friend 15th February 2017. The place was shabby in need of a lick of paint. The upholstered seating was faded and dirty. The menu didnt mention allergens specifically but stated an allergen list was available. As a coeliac I requested same from waiter who appeared unsure and disappeared only to return to inform me that the allergen list was on the wall beside the front door! I got up from the table to view the handwritten list which was virtually illegible. The food we ordered was acceptable. The ladies was in need of inspection. Will definitely not be returning.

1  Thank Sheila C
Reviewed 3 February 2017

My Sister and I had lunch in The Viaduct recently and it was delicious. It was carvery with a great selection to choose from. The portions were huge. We had no room for desert. The staff were nice and friendly. It was very busy as usual but oplenty of room for everyone.