“Lunch!!”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Centre
Description: Originated in the English Market in Cork ('The Food Capital of Ireland'), On The Pig's Back's stall is now the centre of attraction for its fabulous selection of Farmhouse Cheeses and Charcuterie Products, and is also particularly renowned for its Award Winning range of Homemade Pates & Terrines, as well as its French Gourmet Food. In 2009, On The Pig's Back expanded it's business to Douglas which is equipped with a Cafe, an Artisan Food-Store, and a production ktchen for our homemade pates & terrines.
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Amazing lunch for a group of friends.

U would highly recommend the chicken liver pàte!!!

Amazing selection of cheeses!!!

I'll be back again soon!!

Ciaran

Back again soon!!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

I went in recently to meet a friend for breakfast at 11am, I walked in four workers continued to look the other way while I tried to get their attention. Eventually one looked at me and said I could sit anywhere, brought me a list of sandwiches. This establishment always says it does breakfast until 12pm, I asked him if they were doing breakfast and he didn’t reply. I asked someone else and they said not today.

My mother also went in recently and as she was paying overheard two waitresses mocking and imitating her. The height of rudeness, despite its fantastic cuisine the thought of going here makes me insanely uncomfortable all down to the staff.

3  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 29 December 2017

I recently had a very sick relative who was craving a particular item from the bakery in the Pigs Back. I phoned in advance to request the item be held back and that I would collect within 2 hours. After travelling from the other side of the city to procure the item I was informed that they had sold it and they were sorry. They were under no obligation to retain the item for me however after promising to do so it was really disappointing they did not honour their commitment.

1  Thank peregrina79
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Stopped by early Tuesday afternoon and opted for a tart and salads (Cavolo Nero, Pine Nut & Morbier Cheese tart). I wasn't sure what the cheese was like but I like trying new things. It is a very subtle semi-soft cows' milk cheese, slightly stringy but tasty. Tart came with salads and leaves. Everything was very good and quite sufficient. I look forward to returning.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Had brunch here one Sunday recently. I ordered Risotto with smoked chicken and my partner ordered smoked haddock fish cake with poached eggs and hollandaise. When they arrived, they brought the fish cake and the Spanish Chicken so not the risotto. I took the Spanish Chicken anyway, it was wrapped in pancetta with melting cheese, wilted spinach and sauteed potato. I was half thinking of getting it anyway. They were both tasty dishes but we found they were expensive at €12.95 each.

I would have liked more potato on the side, there was very little. Having said that, I have had lunch here with my mum on a weekday and it was very good and filling. It is always tasty food, the servers are very friendly, good atmosphere and they have a lovely deli. I will come back because it is always nice. On a Sunday, I will probably stick to Eggs Benedict but I'd like to go back for a weekday lunch.

onthepigsback, Public Relations Manager at On The Pigs Back, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hello.
Thank you for your review of our new Sunday Brunch option.
I am sorry to hear there was a mix up with your order. I can assure you this does not occur often. I am glad that you enjoy our week day options as well as Sunday Brunch. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.