US$155
US$123
Belvedere Lodge(Cork)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$103
Acton Lodge Bed & Breakfast(Cork)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$119
US$106
Agoda.com
US$98
US$114
US$89
All reviewsshandon bellsbutter museumcork citycar parkswimming poolnice hotelon site parkingfamily roomfive minute walkearly checkfamily breakleisure centreexcellent locationnight stayenjoyed my staynice staytriple room
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and my brother & sister in law - booked on The strength of the ta reviews ( on the whole good - although you only reply to the good reviews ! ) we arrived early and got one room immediately and the other pretty quickly. We had dinner here in the first night which was top quality, we made good use of the bar which was also excellent. Reception was very helpful especially when asked about local attraction etc. The breakfast was outstanding. The rooms were clean and pleasant. On the first day we used the public car park recommended by the hotel which was ok and not too far away. The second day we managed to park in the small car park at the hotel.wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. The staff make this hotel as everyone is helpful, polite and go the extra mile to help !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Robert M, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Smdmac,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and made use of the facilities on offer. It is always great to see our hard working staff acknowledged for their excellent customer focus, they really are the greatest asset for our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to Cork.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

The hotel staff are outstanding, they are very helpful, kind and good at their job. I found the hotel to be clean and tidy and of nice decor. The food was nice and quick to arrive.

My stay although not planned as I was stranded by the snow after arriving at Cork Airport was great and I was made to feel very welcome.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Robert M, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you Gaye for taking the time to tell us about your stay in Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking, particularly seeing as it was such a difficult time during the bad storm. I hope on your next visit the weather improves and you get to sample some of the great attractions right on our doorstep.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

I booked my room here via a booking website which had a glitch. Causing the booking date to freeze and unknowingly to me, revert to the initial offering of a date.

By the time I noticed, the confirmation had come through, the cash was gone. So I got in touch with the booking support people. A week later and many many untruths from the booking website and it was time to contact the hotel.

1 phonecall followed up by one email, and the hotel staff had not only contacted the booking agents. They had solved the issues that caused it.

I arrived to a hand written note in my room after a 13 hour day travelling and working.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world. Most of which would not have taken this level of personal care and attention to solving a problem that wasn't theirs to solve.

The hotel is also very central, spotless, clean and classy and just a nice place to be. Why wouldn't you want to stay here.

Room Tip: Great Room, Great View, Clean Hotel, Modern, Hotel, Excellent service,
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank John M

Thank you John for taking the time to submit your kind review. I am delighted to read that the problem you had was easily resolved by our great team in reservations and that when you did get to stay here the standard of the hotel matched the excellent standard set by the staff you had encountered before your arrival.

I will ensure to pass on your review to the two ladies in question and reward for their excellent customer care once again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The room was nice, the location is good (wallking distance from the centre), and it has a pool which is quite big. The bar has a good selection of meals on offer and the prices are quite reasonable too.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you martinpathan for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay here at Maldron Hotel Shandon Cork City. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking. I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Cork.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We made reservations for the Maldron Cork hotel months in advance. Upon arrival late in the evening we found that one of our rooms had been given away because it was just reserved and not paid in full. We were tracing as 2 adults, one teen, and 2 Kids. We needed 2 rooms. While talking to the front desk clerk another customer heard our problem. Not knowing what we would do as all the hotels in the area were full and we are from the USA and now knowing the area. Then, in true Irish fashion a gentleman comes to me and tells me that we can have his room. A complete stranger gave up his room for the night, had to drive an hour to get to the new hotel and didn’t even know us. So thanks to the unknown kind Irishman we were able to all stay together at the hotel that we had reservations for.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family