“Perfect HQ for exploring Cork!”
Review of The East Village

and 1 more site!
The East Village
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My family and friends stayed at the East Village for our wedding in Cork, and it was a complete success! My only reservation is that they loved it so much that they didn't try as many other bars and restaurants as they could have, but then again, why take your chances when you are guaranteed a custom-made breakfast, mouth-watering lamb burger for lunch, and friendly bar staff all night long? The hotel staff were amazing, always willing to help us out by looking us bus schedules or calling a cab when we headed into town. Every room had its own balcony, Matisse painting, lots of storage space, and was cleaned promptly every day by the attentive staff (even when strewn with wedding supplies)! The rooms were very quiet unless the windows were open on a busy Friday or Saturday night, but that's a small price to pay for having the hottest bar in Douglas at your doorstep.
You do have to be careful about parking, but as long as you find a spot in their lot and the staff you have a car you shouldn't get clamped.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The East Village

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Where do I start? From the second I walked through the door to the second I left I had friend the best stay imaginable.

The staff, decor, food, rooms, drink..... Etc etc are just superb.

It was my first visit to Cork in a few years and I'm pleased to say it has just got better!

On arrival I had wings (suicidal) and Spanish fries with a silky pint! That night I had a hot rock! Wow!

Without going on for ages I had an absolutely fabulous time! Derry, Siobhan, Packy, Dave and the rest of the team are doing an amazing job and I can't wait to come back.

Thanks for making my stay a brilliant one!

Cheers, Tom

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Walk out last night 27/12/2010.had been sitting at our table for 20 mins no attention.place was not even busy.new year,new staff!!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank pathfinder06
Reviewed 1 November 2010

It was very noisy at night, the room wasn't very comfortable, and the bathroom was grubby. The tv reception was poor, and the channel selection bad. Staff weren't very friendly. The bar was extremely busy and noisy all night. At 3am I was woken by a fight on the street below my window. I was given the wrong information about parking when I rang to make the booking, and as a result, my car was clamped while staying there, and I received no apology or compensation from the management of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank roseoconnorryan
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stayed on a saturday night with my husband, there was an eighties night in the bar, great atmosphere and craic, free barbecue as well, rooms were clean and comfy, got room service with no extra charge, overall stay great value, only downside was no toasted sandwiches available at 7.30pm had to have something off the main menu, so had potato skins two on plate tasty but too expensive

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple