“So nice, we visited twice!”
Review of Son of a Bun

Son of a Bun
Ranked #40 of 699 Restaurants in Cork
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yep, you read that right, it was so delicious, we visited twice! Once for lunch and once for dinner! We tried the burgers, the chicken strips, sea salt rosemary fries and the fabulous cheese fries (they should actually be renamed: Cheese with a few fries) I LOVED the cheese fries! Everything was superb!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

If you’re a vegan or vegetarian in Ireland you best be prepared to eat a lot of veg curry so this was a real treat. The lentil salad was very tasty, could have used some more greens but that’s pretty minor. Also ordered falafel burger on gluten free bun which was outstanding. And it was about the best service we’ve had anywhere since we arrived nearly a week ago (& given how friendly everyone is, that’s saying a lot.) The fries/chips were good but could have used more rosemary seasoning (which is why we wanted them in the first place) so that was a small disappointment. But, given the overall ambiance, service and food it was an excellent lunch!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Just a short walk from our hotel in Cork. Went all the way to Ireland for a burger. So impressed with the experience. My son-in-law and I had the Falafel, one the Veggie and other other the Classic. Fries with rosemary salt and fried pickles, not your atypical Irish lunch, but, the food was excellent, service was great as well. Cozy atmosphere, kind of felt like I was in Denver instead of Cork. Great beers as well and not just the usual lagers and stout. When I return I'm going back for those fries!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Great burgers and have special burgers each month.
Staff are friendly.
Cheese and Chilli Fries are great too.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Had chicken burger and sob burger with family... fresh bun ... great taste .. busy ... service a bit slow ... but this place is good .... jalepeno peppers were good appetizer .. olives were ok .... angry fries I didn't like.... brownie was bland ... but .... best burgers ever.... made up for it