“Evening meal”

The House Gastro Pub
Ranked #13 of 73 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Description: Top quality food offering in a warm cosy, relaxed pub environment.
Description: Top quality food offering in a warm cosy, relaxed pub environment.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

Wow what an experience this has been. Its a definite must if you are in Donegal Town. Will definitely be back. My friend had fish and chips and I had lamb which was wonderful and tender and a beautiful selection of vegetables. Its not your ordinary food. Wins hands down for me. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

If only all pubs could serve grub as good as this place! After 10 days in Ireland, it was a delight to read a menu that sounded tantalising, that made you want to try it all....talk about a notch up from fish'n'chips or steak'n'chips!
As my husband and I had over-eaten on such pub grub in other places, we decided to share one entree, one main and one dessert between us. Not only were these guys happy to comply, they brought everything out on two separate plates, both plated up beautifully. We are sure we got more generous servings than we deserved!
If we'd stayed another night in Donegal town, we would have eaten there again.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent food, Excellent craft beer selection.
Great new addition to the Diamond in Donegall Town.
I spend 2 weekends a month in Donegall town with my wife and 2 kids, this place is a great addition, what I like most is the food is exceptionally good, yet you still have the bar feel, brilliant for locals, brilliant for further afield Irish ☘️ and brilliant for the overseas visitors/tourist which Donegall does so well to welcome .
Perfect simple menu, really good to focus on great food over 4-5 starters, mains, desserts and kid menu and do it well.
Well done

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We arrived in town on a chilly afternoon. We sought refuge beside a beautiful fireplace that was already lite. We had fantastic food that was made with fresh ingredients, great drinks all served by a kind and helpful staff. Its was a great place that had a perfect balance between feeling that you are out at a beautiful restaurant combined with the welcomed feeling of home. Wish I lived in this town. I feel like it would be the gathering place for friends and family for celebrations but also just the place where everyone knows your name.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Ate here with family over Christmas and was really impressed with the quality of food and service. Really warm and friendly service with a varied and interesting menu. Always amazed by just how many really good restaurants there are in this town but this place is a great addition.