“Very disappointed ”

Add it.
Upperdeck Bar
Ranked #48 of 70 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

Here for evening meal. The restaurant is clean and the staff are friendly. The food and menu however is the issue. Haven't eaten here in ages and the menu has changed. Not a great choice compared to similar bars/hotels in Donegal. I had the burger. It was really sloppy. I ate it because I was hungry but it was not good. Sloppy melted cheese and too much bacon. The side salad was laced in dressing and a bit limp. Did not feel great after the meal. Coffee just ok. The chairs are a bit of a mish mash and the restaurant looks like tables from different parts all just landed in the one place. Could do with a face lift. So disappointed as the last time I was here it was excellent.

1  Thank TracyK24

Reviewed 7 September 2015

Stacey our server was very good and our food was amazing. I had the special ham and turkey......way too much to finish. My wife had curried chicken with half rice and chips. Also way too much to devour. By Irish prices this was far from expensive.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went to the Upper Deck Bar on a Monday. From the minute we got in we noticed -
1. How warm it was
2. How clean it was
3. A great menu selection with a good choice but not too much
e
We were greeted by Rochine who welcomed us with a smile & gave us a nice seat next to the fire
The house red was a lovely wine (if a little over priced)
I had the chowder & a fantastic home-made burger
The food & service were fantastic & even as locals we were impressed with the service, ambience & quality of food at a reasonable price

Reviewed 17 July 2011

First the good; the ingredients were fresh. full stop

we were a party of 4 all vegetarians. The kids ordered Tortellini with spinach and cream. My wife a green curry (after first verifying that the curry was not to spicy) and me the vegetable fajitas, each with a different sideorder.

First problem; after 1/2 hour only we were notified that there was not enough Tortellini. OK, no problem things like that happen. So we order the noodles with vegetables and eggs.
Second problem; when the noodles finally did arrive there was chicken in it and not a trace of the eggs, so we had to sent it back.
Third problem; the curry was not mild like the waitress told us. In fact it was so blazingly hot that even me who likes spicy food could not eat eat it.
Fourth problem; the rice with the curry was not fried as requested but cooked.
Fifth problem : no trace of any of the sidedishes
and as cherry on the cake I found some undefinable and disgusting substance in my food that promptly killed my appetite. I would have complaint, but I couldn't as nobody even bothered to come and check on us. As a result we just left in the middle Of diner and left everything.

1  Thank Slisse_Swinnen